Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally think we are getting hammered at Arsenal.

1. They will want a reaction after all the criticism they are getting.
2. Our players will be physically and mentally shot as they know everything is on the line on Thursday.
They needed a reaction after losing to Spurs, the reaction was losing to Newcastle. Judging by Xhaka’s comments about his teammates they may not be the sort of dressing room to give a reaction.

It’s still a huge ask to get anything but yesterday’s result moves it from ‘no chance’ to ‘you never know’. Frustrate them as long as possible and if Spurs are comfortably ahead the fans will go silent and the players’ heads might drop.

I actually think we are safe. I don’t see Leeds or Burnley winning again this season. That said we just need to beat palace because it would be horrible Sunday if we don’t.

Ordinarily I'd agree. However, the crisis at CB will be tough to overcome.

We'll need to see both our strikers on the scoresheet and the rub of the green to get all 3 points against a dangerous team like Palace.
I've more confidence that we will do it, than I had about us getting a win against Brentford.

If it goes wrong on Thursday, even though it will be a disappointment, I still don't believe it will be fatal. I really don't expect Leeds to win at Brentford.

When we stay up, I hope the cry arses who keep saying we are gone feel like proper tits

Definitely not been cry arsing this year. We've been in big trouble since like November, and are still in big trouble more than halfway through May.

There's by and large been the right kind of realism. Of course we all want to be safe, and ideally on Thursday, but it's still all up in the air and very stressful

Definitely not been cry arsing this year. We've been in big trouble since like November, and are still in big trouble more than halfway through May.

There's by and large been the right kind of realism. Of course we all want to be safe, and ideally on Thursday, but it's still all up in the air and very stressful
Are we down?

I've more confidence that we will do it, than I had about us getting a win against Brentford.

If it goes wrong on Thursday, even though it will be a disappointment, I still don't believe it will be fatal. I really don't expect Leeds to win at Brentford.
...and that's why a draw on Thursday - failing to get a win - and Burnley losing at Villa is important. I think Burnley have less chance of all 3 points against Newcastle than Leeds have of all three away to Brentford.

I've a wedding Sunday and i've been sober for a month now since the stag do which has been really refreshing... I'd like to keep it that way and not have to drink in relegation on Sunday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.