2021/22 Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads played near every game he's been fit for the last 3 or so seasons if you include Watford and has largely had to play in a 2 with a donkey like Gomes alongside him.

Stick a proper CDM next to him in a midfield 3 and his legs are important.

Nowhere near a problem considering half the squad we need to shift.

Give him a good pre season rest and come back strong next season Duke.

Tbf. What he lacked technically second half he was a big part in us winning the ball park and picking up second balls / keeping pressure on.

An area we need big chances during the summer.

Worst game I've seen him have for us tonight bizarrely. But I still think there's a very good player there. Needs someone like a fit and on form Allan alongside him doing the dirty work. I vividly remember that game at Spurs on the first day of last season where we thought we'd found an incredible midfield duo.

People seem to overlook the absolute shambles that has been the spine of the team , the whole midfield in general and the lack of creativity. this lad has been out of his comfort zone in most games trying to compensate for other players who go missing .

put quality around him and he’ll be sound

Gonna sound negative given what we've done tonight, but this game has nailed it on for me, he's just an engine, never see a bone crunching enforcer type tackle, never see a weeved through ball, never see just a powerful smack on target, just another none leader on the pitch, I'd slowly mentor/shuttle Godfrey into this current doucoure role, similar stamina but much more aggression

Tbf. What he lacked technically second half he was a big part in us winning the ball park and picking up second balls / keeping pressure on.

An area we need big chances during the summer.
for sure! I just wish he'd stop with the no look passes... has other qualities does Doucs, but he needs to look where he's passing!

I like doucs more than a lot of people on here. Him and James filled in a lot of gaps in each others play. He can be yhe legs but needs quality around him.
It's not a great plan to have players in your team who look decent when there are a minimum of 8 players better than them playing too.

Lads played near every game he's been fit for the last 3 or so seasons if you include Watford and has largely had to play in a 2 with a donkey like Gomes alongside him.

Stick a proper CDM next to him in a midfield 3 and his legs are important.

Nowhere near a problem considering half the squad we need to shift.

Give him a good pre season rest and come back strong next season Duke.
Gomes started like 4 games this season mate

Gonna sound negative given what we've done tonight, but this game has nailed it on for me, he's just an engine, never see a bone crunching enforcer type tackle, never see a weeved through ball, never see just a powerful smack on target, just another none leader on the pitch, I'd slowly mentor/shuttle Godfrey into this current doucoure role, similar stamina but much more aggression
Godfrey is a defender if he's anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.