Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing in this Depay rumour I think. We not only can't afford him unless someone leaves, but it's hard to see how he fits into the team. Unless Moshiri is drunk texting his agent mates, I very much doubt he will be at Everton next season or indeed any season.

Depay isn't the kind of profile we should be in for.

Our best squad this century came from picking up young players with a point to prove. Broja is one who comes to mind who fits that bill.

So now that that whole business is done, seems what we should go for in the summer is a CB, then a CB, then a CB, and then probably a winger for the departing Richarlison. We have to hope Patterson is ready, but obviously a pair of CBs for a solid defense are priority #1. Thats the primary reason we were in our situation.
The midfield looks like we have half of a midfield, but it needs one big motor as Allan and Doucoure arent enough and often unavailable. I think the spot in behind the striker can be played by either Iwobi or Ali if need be to get through.
Then up front its someone to compete with Dom, which the Kean funds will bring enough for, and a top winger to replace Richy(Ill be shocked if he doesnt get sold). A second would be ideal, but I think a top winger paired with Gordon will be enough for now with Gray to spell them, maybe a young developing player to be the 4th option.

Cost to do it? Probably something like 125 million. But the Richy and Kean sales alone should net 100. Then either Keane or Mina gets sold, along with Gomes and Holgate, and you get the rest of it for no net spend. Super ridiculously easy.

According to Sky and another so called bit of rag, Everton are looking at bringing in Chelsea centre half Levi Colwill
With the amount of defenders leaving Chelsea this summer, I’m almost certain he’ll be in and around the Chelsea squad next season especially with uncertainty of how much Chelsea will actually spend this window.

I've been on the ale tonight, and this season has left me a nub, a smooth, stunted nub, however, I really don't want us to sign any "names" this summer. I also will urinate blood if we sign anyone over the age of 26 unless we are paying them less than £50K a week. No more big name codgers on £80K+ a week contracts. If we can get an experienced centre half, a la Distin, on moderate wages, fine, otherwise let's concentrate on younger lids with something to prove. Cut our wage bill, cut our treatment room occupancy, build a team not a bunch of individuals doing their own thing.

This was too eloquent; you needed more ale.

Wonder if David Brooks is worth taking a gamble - he's leaving Bournemouth for free. Long term injury and cancer treatment stalled his progress massively, but he's still young and boy he has a lot of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.