21/22 Achilles tendon problems Mar 2, 2022 Apr 29, 2022 58 days 14Chelsea FC
20/21 Hip Injury Dec 4, 2020 Dec 20, 2020 16 days 4Chelsea FC
19/20 Ankle Injury Jun 16, 2020 Jun 30, 2020 14 days 3Chelsea FC
19/20 Corona virus Mar 12, 2020 Mar 26, 2020 14 days -
19/20 Hamstring Injury Feb 4, 2020 Apr 4, 2020 60 days 6Chelsea FC
19/20 Knock Nov 21, 2019 Nov 28, 2019 7 days 2Chelsea FC
18/19 Achilles tendon rupture Apr 23, 2019 Sep 11, 2019 141 days 11Chelsea FC

Means we should not go near him.
One problem with being bad and not paying a lot is you have to take risks to get good players.

This may have been asked already, but now Brands and Benitez have left, who’s actually in charge of our recruitment??! Like, who has the say on what players we target? Is it with Lampard now? Who makes the final decision?

One problem with being bad and not paying a lot is you have to take risks to get good players.
We cant afford to sign any more crocks mate.

I mean KNOWN crocks.

Mina had missed like 1 game in about 7 years before he came here, Gmbamin had a few minor niggles, they turn up here and turn into Emergency Ward 10.

Some risks are not worth taking. Our risks should be on players with potential and possible upside, not on players with lengthy injury records.

Lampard said he wanted a "robust" squad - that means no more players who are injured more than fit

That's a lot of ifs.

If they're playing 4-3-3 the equation changes because he does fit into that quite well. But 3-4-3 I don't think he does at all. For me he's very defined as a box to box player in a three man midfield. I don't see any other role.
Absolutely. I don’t really see Tuchel as the kind to change his favoured tactic over the course of the summer tbf. I wouldn’t rule out him trying to shoehorn Gallagher into a two either, though. I think we see it a lot with managers where they sign/bring through a talented player and think that talent equates to being just as great in any system.

If he IS available for loan then we have to hope that the Lampard effect is enough to sway him. He’ll have his choice of pretty much every club outside the top 6, I’d imagine, and a lot of them look like far more enticing projects than ours at this particular moment in time.

This may have been asked already, but now Brands and Benitez have left, who’s actually in charge of our recruitment??! Like, who has the say on what players we target? Is it with Lampard now? Who makes the final decision?
It would fall under kevin thelwell now I believe but who knows with this cockamamie club

I couldn’t agree more, but our risks shouldn’t be as heavily financial as they have been the last few years.

I’d rather risk a lower league player whose talent MIGHT translate to PL level, than paying eye-watering wages for someone undoubtedly talented, but who - based on recent history - is likely to be unavailable for chunks of the season due to injury. Not sure exactly what CHO is on in terms of salary but sure I read he got a bump to stop him joining Bayern a couple of years back. No ta.

Mylenko, Patterson, Deli are 3 very good pieces of recruitment and the exact path we need to follow going forwards. Throw in targeting teams who will be effected by the new loan restrictions and you have how are recruitment needs to be done for the foreseeable.

I would agree. Honestly the recruitment over the last 12 months has been good really. For under 40m quid we have signed 3 or 4 who improve the first team, and a couple of useful backups. It shows we dont need to spend absolute bundles to put together a decent team. I kind of hope that message has sank in.

Looks like that's what Thirwell did at Wolves with some success. Not massively flashy recruitment, but buying solid players, with a good attitude at the right price.

You can see players are improving with Lampard. So we need to keep "feeding" him guys who are under 25, who we are not overpaying for. I've got nothing against taking guys from teams above, but the hunger has to be there, and the deal has to make sense financially. If you look at Alli, 10m after 20 appearances, another 10k after 60 appearances, then a mixture of sell ons and milestones fits into this category. Theres no huge risk. We basically need to negotiate harder.

Looking at those teams, as you say who will be over the limit of registered players makes sense to me. I like Colville at Chelsea, but someone like Joe Gomez could make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.