Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
BD923525-F356-4250-8DE6-D486FAC83CCE.jpeg
49ECE07C-5F9A-4D61-AED7-1B7DFA4FA4DF.jpeg

Whiffs of Ashley Williams with this Tarkowski one.... If it's true I think it's poor business and proves we've not learned from past mistakes handing big contracts out to players on the way down..Just my extremely humble opinion on this one.
We actually paid quite a fee for Williams at the time.think it was around the 12m mark. Tarkowski is on a free.

It's still way too high. I don't mind Tarkowski at all but he is a Craig Dawson style signing who would be on Baresi style money.

A lot of money for a bang average player but players on a free will always be paid more let’s assume it is indeed £120k a weeks around £18 million in total over 3 years. If however you pay say £10 million fee and £70k a week over say 3 years is circa £ £20+ million.

I can never work out if Sarr is horribly erratic or just plays for a crap team.
He occasionally looks amazing but also regularly does nothing.
Yeah he's really talented (remember that performance against Liverpool?), but to be honest it would scare me to have him as a Richy replacement. In my eyes a very different type of player. But maybe the idea of replacing Richy at all is what terrifies. Not because of his goals but because of everything else that he brings to the team. I would prefer they look abroad to get more value for your money and to try and get a more aggressive player, ie what we tried to do with Diaz last year.

…definitely. I think it’s a matter of where that creativity comes from. The ‘85 side had two DMs who didn’t get involved too much in the top third, but great creativity with two full backs and Sheedy/Steven.

The likes of Makalele, Essien, Kante, Gueye, Petit, Reid etc etc none of them where creative throw Pique into that too, they got the ball and gave it to the creative ones

I think only the age of a player should be a factor if we are paying out on a transfer fee. It’s a no brainier on a free to me. Does he improve us in an area we are lacking… Yes get him on board then if we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.