Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely mate. You need some proper pro's to make you hard to play against. He fits that bill for me, big, nasty, aggressive. Mina is a bit like that but is just not fit enough.

The game that swung it for me was that United game, where Allan and Delph played in midfield, in a high pressure game, and just bossed it. Both of them 30, both of them had their best days, but they just managed that game brilliantly. We will be losing a lot of experience this summer, which frankly we need too given the salaries, but you do need a bit of experience to help replace it. I don't think we will be in danger of another dog fight, but you never know. Guys like Tarkowski just help get you over the line.

If we can get the deal done, it's an an absolute no brainer.

Lampards comments about getting I certain type of player, he fits the bill, don't see us going fir sone ball playing cb, if you think of Terry who obviously Lampard would see as the prototype, he wasn't particularly good on the deck, the midfield will be the area he looks too for that. Someone who can collect it and get it going

Whatever strengthens us in the back and I think he would just do that. We have to be reasonable financially though and I think we should bring in another much younger CB. We still have to roll out a competitive team but in no way should Tarkowski be a 'long term' fix.

Lampards comments about getting I certain type of player, he fits the bill, don't see us going fir sone ball playing cb, if you think of Terry who obviously Lampard would see as the prototype, he wasn't particularly good on the deck, the midfield will be the area he looks too for that. Someone who can collect it and get it going

The best Everton teams Ive seen have had a Tarkowski type in them, and also been prepared to go back to front a bit. I'm not saying it's impossible to get us playing through the lines, but short term, that would be the approach I'd adopt. We probably need to tinker a little. It was the same with Silva, that 2nd half of his 1st season he got the right equilibrium.
If Lampard goes down that route a bit, it will be a good basis here. We are basically not good enough to try and replicate Barcelona.

Linked to Sarr again from Watford, not a bad player, but Watford want £30m, I could only see us going for him if we sell Richarlison.

I can never work out if Sarr is horribly erratic or just plays for a crap team.
He occasionally looks amazing but also regularly does nothing.

we literally never learn, signing michael keane mk2 is daft.
cant wait until we sign sigurdsson mk2 ward-prowse and wonder why we're still crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.