Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially true this if Patterson is slated to be the starter next season as that would put both fullbacks at 20-22 without much experience at this level

Definitely mate. You need some proper pro's to make you hard to play against. He fits that bill for me, big, nasty, aggressive. Mina is a bit like that but is just not fit enough.

The game that swung it for me was that United game, where Allan and Delph played in midfield, in a high pressure game, and just bossed it. Both of them 30, both of them had their best days, but they just managed that game brilliantly. We will be losing a lot of experience this summer, which frankly we need too given the salaries, but you do need a bit of experience to help replace it. I don't think we will be in danger of another dog fight, but you never know. Guys like Tarkowski just help get you over the line.

If we can get the deal done, it's an an absolute no brainer.

I think Tarkowski will end up at Newcastle anyway, but the wages quoted seem insane £120k per week when he's on about £50k a week now. I know players who sign on a free normally get a good deal, but that seems over the top, for him.

Maybe I am wrong though, with Tosun, Delph, Kenny and Sigurdsson leaving, it frees up £255k per week from the wage bill...
Giving half of it up for Tarkowski is not good business though

I think Tarkowski will end up at Newcastle anyway, but the wages quoted seem insane £120k per week when he's on about £50k a week now. I know players who sign on a free normally get a good deal, but that seems over the top, for him.

Maybe I am wrong though, with Tosun, Delph, Kenny and Sigurdsson leaving, it frees up £255k per week from the wage bill...

Honestly mate, those lads will be on a lot more than that.

Ultimately, Lampard really wanted him at Chelsea, so can't really moan too much if he's one he actively wants and we get him for nothing.

To me this is an extension of Lampards pragmatism. We are soft, weak and badly organised this season. I'm not saying 1 signing changes everything, but it helps. It gives us a foundation, to hopefully allow him to sprinkle more quality on top of.

If we were signing him for 6.25m and paying him £50k for 3 years, people would be saying it was good business.
Precisely mate, was going to say just that.

The only thing that matters is the total cost. A good agent will normally get a higher wage for a free agent as part of the fee saved gets folded into the package- so any free player’s wages are going to look a bit inflated. It still generally works out well for both new club and player.

We badly need creativity mate. That would be my priority.

As a wise man once said:

"People need to come around to the idea that goals don't just happen. We need forward passing, forward carrying and creativity too."

;)

…definitely. I think it’s a matter of where that creativity comes from. The ‘85 side had two DMs who didn’t get involved too much in the top third, but great creativity with two full backs and Sheedy/Steven.

Status
Not open for further replies.