Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, generally speaking they kind of are. Obviously not everybody follows the same pattern so it's possible Tarkowski will get better and not peak til he's 35 but it's certainly not uncommon for a centre half to start to wane as they get into their 30s.
I'd say it's quite uncommon to be honest. More common to happen at 32/33

No issue here with Tarkowski. Decent defender.
We need to tighten up at the back. No nosense decent defenders.
No issue with his wage. People forget we are gonna be £500k a week better off, just by the out of contract and loan players going off the wage bill. That is before any money coming from sales and their wages off the books. Think of the likes of Keane, Mina, Allan, Gomes etc. I wouldn't worry about this lads wage. It's not gonna be a problem.

We could even look at this another way. The sale of Kean, effectively pays for this with money to spare.

Comparable:
Evans joining Leicester age 30.
Ash Williams joining us age 31
Dan Burn to newcastle age 29.
Craig Dawson joining West Ham age 30.

Mixed bag but id rather Tarkowski than spending 10 mil on Coady.
Dan Burn is 29?? I thought he was like 22!

Well I never.

I’d take Tarkowski. Especially on a free, I think he’s just what we need next season and allows us to spend elsewhere.

Just as important though is an engine in front off the back 4. We need a quality DM. Someone to provide additional cover.

I saw Moyes was interested, which sort of makes sense. Probably wishful thinking on my part like.

How much would he be worth, and would you want an experienced CB are the key questions really?

For a free Tarkowski is worth a go he's a leader we can sell Keane and Mina than and also bring the young Chelsea lad in. You are left with Tarkowski, Godfrey, Colwil, Holgate, Brainthwaite. Then look to the defensive midfield and play making positions.

Not the biggest fan and talent wise I don't see much between him and Keane, but......

One big difference is that Tarkowski is a leader/organizer type who takes charge and doesn't seem to have confidence made of tissue paper. Mina aside that's what we have a total absence of throughout the centre of the park.

With a 'youngish' set of defenders and a new who are prone to mistakes, then can see the sense in him being a target.

Tarkowski on 90k p/w, Keane leaving for a fee (say 10m) think Keane's on a bigger wage than 90k as well, and pretty much no difference in age (plus Tarkowski won't have the Keane baggage of all those horrid games for us)

In isolation it'd be a deal that made good financial sense and probably sense in terms of overall strengthening the position.

Moyes is typically a good judge of centre back...£20mil and £30mil bids knocked back for him before...

If we sign him then i hope we make 2 centre back sales and bring in Colwill on a permanent deal as well.

A lot of money for a bang average player but players on a free will always be paid more let’s assume it is indeed £120k a weeks around £18 million in total over 3 years. If however you pay say £10 million fee and £70k a week over say 3 years is circa £ £20+ million.
Transfermarkt values him at 20 million although that feels excessive. But then again Dan Burn went for 13 and Tarko is the same age and better. I’d say if he was under contract then even after relegation Burnley would probably get 15 for him this summer, lots of clubs want that sort of PL level defensive experience.

His wages will be slightly inflated but if we are paying, say 15-20 in total over the duration of a 3-4 year contract it represents good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.