Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really - if you believe that fella on ze twitter our losses over the 3 years prior to this one (which I assume will be a profit based on selling Digne and moving on James/Benards wages) was £85 million with the PL rule limit being £105 million.

Assuming we posted a small profit this year on top of potential sales of Kean and Gbamin this summer they'll be **some** room to maneuve.

The problem is that when arriving at that £85 million ( if it’s remotely correct ) it included the year ending 31/5/18 which reported a loss of £13.07 million ( a profit of £87.8 million from player trading was achieved) In effect when all the deductibles were added back in FFP terms I would suspect that you were in credit for that year. That number will now drop out of the equation

So you have the 18/19 loss of £107 million, the average 19/20&20/21 loss of £130 million and of course the number whatever that is for 21/22 I am interested you think it will show a profit I don’t want to even guess as to where the numbers will go but think it will be a real challenge to break even let alone make a profit but of course the new stadium costs will be properly factored in

4 loans per season, total.
2 per window.

They are:
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.
I am pretty sure that players from inside of England / Wales are deemed to be temporary transfers ( loans) but outside I think they are treated differently

We have one of the worst midfields in the league

I know some people love Doucoure and Allan but they are so technically poor and can’t pass out of a press

Really hope we sort that area in the summer more than our defence

Don't worry we'll probably sign Longstaff.

This is why I keep you on ignore.
I have you on ignore too but every thread is riddled with dark blue boxes. Really spoils the GOT experience.
Oh my days!
I think we may well have finally reached peak GOT here.
Two posters having a coversation about the fact that each has the other one on ignore.
lollollol

We have one of the worst midfields in the league

I know some people love Doucoure and Allan but they are so technically poor and can’t pass out of a press

Really hope we sort that area in the summer more than our defence

Thing is, in isolation Allan and Dacoure are both very decent players, but the key to any of part of a team is how they work with the whole - especially so with their partner next to them.

Think of all the best teams, they either had a player there who was just so good he elevated all those around him (Xavi, Makalele, Keane as three examples) or they worked superbly with a partner and combined they just gelled in what each brought and to an extent covered for the others weaker parts

Think Reid and Bracewell, Petit and Viera, puyol, or numerous other examples.

When the chemistry is wrong you end up with what england had, Lampard and Gerrard both world class individually or playing alongside much poorer players but together looking awful. Now take that down to players a good few levels below and you have what we have, two pretty decent players who together look crap.

It's why the recruitment by proxy is a recipe for disaster, best exemplified by up to now us having players from 5/6 different managers, sone with massively different styles and systems, three sporting directors and an owners she t mate who throws in occasionally a player that nobody wanted there.

And then we call players crap, a large part is no balance, cohesion or collective thought about the team when bringing players in.

It's why for me we need Thelwell and Lampard working together and for a good 2 seasons minimum to finally get a team that can clear out all the mishmash, retain the ones that fit together with the plan and then piece by piece e build an actual team

I for one hope we utilize markets outside of " best player on the worst prem team" or "worst player on the best prem team". I would like for everton the be looking for the next big thing from the French league or South America, etc.

Buy Richarlison before he goes to Watford and costs 50 million. Buy the next Van Dijk before Southampton do. Buy Kante before Leicester. We should be looking at these kinds of deals. Youngish players who have high potential. Even if they don't always work out, we can almost always make a profit on the sale

Status
Not open for further replies.