Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
From his time at Brentford.

You aren't going to find incredible passing stats from his Burnley career because the team were literally under instructions not to play out from the back. Using that as evidence to suggest he "can't pass" is just plain daft.
With all due respect, it’s not as daft as using 7 year old stats from league one to say that he can is it?

With all due respect, it’s not as daft as using 7 year old stats from league one to say that he can is it?

It was more the anecdotal stuff, particularly the comments from Tarkowski himself that I found more interesting there tbf

I also wouldn't have referenced any stats at all if people weren't using these Burnley passing stats as "evidence" that the lad can't pass a ball

From his time at Brentford.

You aren't going to find incredible passing stats from his Burnley career because the team were literally under instructions not to play out from the back. Using that as evidence to suggest he "can't pass" is just plain daft.
Mate, his time at Burnley is the only time spent at a level we’d be expecting him to play at, in his career.

Brentford were in League One when he played for them, weren’t they?

The potential transfer just stinks, to me. We’re supposedly up for paying him north of £90k (£120k reported in some areas) a week to bring what? “Passion and leadership” like Ashley Williams did? Or his notable passing stats from his halcyon League One days?

If there was a defender with great ball skills in League One NOW that we felt had the potential to transfer his skills to PL, that’d be more of an appropriate gamble than yet another late 20s PL player who will be on prohibitively high wages meaning that when he inevitably stinks the gaff out we’re stuck with him for the duration of his contract.

It may well be that I just have a dim view of any such potential transfer because of our recent dealings, but you know what they say: 34 times bitten, twice shy.

I’m not sure we should sell Richy or DCL.
Those with Dele/Iwobi central and the wide players, that’s not a bad forward line.
Full backs we aren’t too bad.
We need to use any money/wages gained on CM and CB.
So 8 out, 4 in.
If it were our choice I would say keep Richy and sell DCL all day long.

Richarlison has both passion and skill we need and can turn a game on its head.

DCLs sale likely does more to help our financial situation than anyone (pure profit)

I think Richarlison will have offers and want to move though. If so, while I hate to see him go, I will remain a big fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.