Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in response to stats we get an anecdote. About when he was signed by Brentford. In League One. From Oldham.

He may well have been quick and good on the ball by League One standards. There’s a reason he was signed by the grockmeister extraordinaire and has made his reputation as king of the grocks (once Keane left, because Keane was seen to be the superior defender at the time).
There's literally stats in that thread

our manager is the nephew of Harry Redknapp... we're gonna be fine in the transfer market
And the son of Frank senior. Both of them have broken my heart over the years. Still got some making up to do so some smart transfer dealing over the next twelve weeks will make me a happy chappy.

He was not fit and seemed to have other issues. When he came back ready, it was obvious. He really looked up for it.

I know he is not a great one on one finisher, but I don’t think having to cross the ball into the area classes as playing in a certain way.

Having Ali play off him would give loads of variation. A player capable of getting twenty goals a season is not to be sniffed at or sold lightly. His replacement will be nowhere near as good.
Ali can barely get into the team at the moment, a couple of decent passes and people seem to think he is the answer all of a sudden, not for me. DCL hit 16 in the league last season not 20, that was including cups and the bulk of his goals came pre Christmas, he didn't score a single goal for about 3 months after it. As for replacements not being as good, so he is the only 25 year old professional footballer who has scored 16 goals in a season and it will never be replicated again will it? At the end of the day mate, I just don't think he is as good as you do its just my view thats all.

According to WhoScored.com his passing stats were worse than Keane's this season.

Soooooooo

lol
I don't doubt it, but the point being that Burnley are the most direct team in the league and have been for years. Judging their defenders' passing stats without the context of what Dyche was telling them to do is silly.

That's not to say that all of them could play a more expansive style, but any stats have to be taken in context of it being Burnley

Ali can barely get into the team at the moment, a couple of decent passes and people seem to think he is the answer all of a sudden, not for me. DCL hit 16 in the league last season not 20, that was including cups and the bulk of his goals came pre Christmas, he didn't score a single goal for about 3 months after it. As for replacements not being as good, so he is the only 25 year old professional footballer who has scored 16 goals in a season and it will never be replicated again will it? At the end of the day mate, I just don't think he is as good as you do its just my view thats all.
We can agree to disagree.

The problems after Christmas were the familiar ones we faced this year. An insane injury crisis and all of our supply disappearing.

Every striker needs service and DCL is no different.

I think it will be moot anyway because he will be sold for a healthy profit.

From his time at Oldham? Ten years ago?
From his time at Brentford.

You aren't going to find incredible passing stats from his Burnley career because the team were literally under instructions not to play out from the back. Using that as evidence to suggest he "can't pass" is just plain daft.

We can agree to disagree.

The problems after Christmas were the familiar ones we faced this year. An insane injury crisis and all of our supply disappearing.

Every striker needs service and DCL is no different.

I think it will be moot anyway because he will be sold for a healthy profit.
I was talking about the Carlo season not last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.