Patrick Viera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always liked Palace fans following me working in Croydon for a spell in the late eighties. I though we had a lot in common so I was surprised at the vitriole towards us.
There was vitriol on both sides in the immediate aftermath. Teleclappers on here calling Vieira “an arsehole” etc. Yes, there is a small group on an Palace Internet forum whose pee is boiling but the majority of Palace fans are not riled at all. Any residual anger is based on one single incident (verified) when a flare was lobbed into the Palace end, hitting an eleven year old girl (uninjured) but setting off an epileptic fit in a fan adjacent. Spent two nights in hospital in Liverpool, accompanied by his son, released on Saturday morning, had another fit on the way home on the train, been in Crewe hospital on a heart monitor ever since.
Palace fans have acknowledged that the majority, by far the majority of those involved in the pitch invasion were just celebrating and it has been pointed out more than once on our forums that it’s not as though we haven’t done it ourselves, more than once.
Best if this just fades away, it doesn’t need poking with a stick every time you see something on the internet that you don’t like. Is my view.

There was vitriol on both sides in the immediate aftermath. Teleclappers on here calling Vieira “an arsehole” etc. Yes, there is a small group on an Palace Internet forum whose pee is boiling but the majority of Palace fans are not riled at all. Any residual anger is based on one single incident (verified) when a flare was lobbed into the Palace end, hitting an eleven year old girl (uninjured) but setting off an epileptic fit in a fan adjacent. Spent two nights in hospital in Liverpool, accompanied by his son, released on Saturday morning, had another fit on the way home on the train, been in Crewe hospital on a heart monitor ever since.
Palace fans have acknowledged that the majority, by far the majority of those involved in the pitch invasion were just celebrating and it has been pointed out more than once on our forums that it’s not as though we haven’t done it ourselves, more than once.
Best if this just fades away, it doesn’t need poking with a stick every time you see something on the internet that you don’t like. Is my view.
Too much common sense in your response.
We're not used to this.

Hope the lad in Crewe hospital makes a full recovery mate! I worked in Croydon (BT on Wellesley Road) for years and have lots of old mates from that time who were mad palace fans (most of whom had an (in my mind) irrational hatred of Brighton if I remember rightly? But all good lads nevertheless and accomplished lager drinkers too!

I think someone should get a little song together for Patrick’s next visit, something about;
he kicked
and missed
must of been the blue mist
Etc

Extra marks for using the term ‘rozzers’, good man! ;)

Been travelling over to Everton matches since 1980. I have picked up a lot of the Scouse dialect - I think if i lived there for a week I would be fluent!

As it is, I have lived in Kilkenny since 1990, and have still got my original Dublin accent, untainted by any local Kilkenny-isms! :cool:

There was too much pent up emotion released that night, both at the ground and in here. As you say,best to let it fade away….

Hope not he’s not all that
I'm in slight agreement. Like a lot of decent 'prospects' praise is lavished from the terraces and the media far too easily.

But, from what I have seen of Gallagher he's far better than the worst of of our regular squad midfielders. That's what we should be going for, incremental Improvement.

We shouldn't turn our noses up at players like Gallagher because they're not in the Top 10 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.