2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be gone I'm afraid. He obviously wants to go and we need the money. That last part of the sentence sounds worse than it's meant to as I mean we aren't broke just we don't have immunity from financial handcuffs that the RS and City get. Let's hope our new DoF has done some intensive research on some targets. We really can't afford to take gambles. Every single purchase has to make an impact immediately.

Any one-off fee we get for him now would likely eclipse those financial bonuses, though, not to mention how much his value will drop between this summer and the next.

We have next to nothing to spend without bringing money in, and we have about 3 players we could sell for significant enough funds to reinvest in enough new players to make a difference.

I imagine the majority don’t WANT him sold, it’s just the clearest way forward (given he’s likely to want to leave anyway).
I take your point. The problem is it creates another position to get a worthy replacement. Considering the amount of money we have wasted on players we are desperate to get rid of I am not convinced that selling our better assests is the right call. But if as you say he does want to leave, I would accept it then without reservation. I just hope Thelwell and Lampard have some good deals lined up for that potential money and don't end up panic buying to appease fans that have lost one of their favourites. We've seen that before and could easily see it again

I take your point. The problem is it creates another position to get a worthy replacement. Considering the amount of money we have wasted on players we are desperate to get rid of I am not convinced that selling our better assests is the right call. But if as you say he does want to leave, I would accept it then without reservation. I just hope Thelwell and Lampard have some good deals lined up for that potential money and don't end up panic buying to appease fans that have lost one of their favourites. We've seen that before and could easily see it again
We’ve got nothing but blind faith to place in Lampard and Thelwell to do the right thing with any income we get.

We either let Richy go and hope they spend the proceeds well or don’t, stick with pretty much the same squad and hope that Lampard is a world class coach.

Neither proposition fills me with hope!!

Who would you replace him with? any ideas
I’ve seen this Q a few times and it’s a bit more nuanced than that, I think.

We won’t find any player (that’s willing to join us) that will be as good or better than Richy.

My thinking is spend a chunk on the likes of KLP from Hull who will bring a bit of directness and drive to the role, and use the rest on some creativity in midfield (assuming defensive reinforcements will come with maybe selling Mina, or other transfer odds and ends).

So we may be losing something in that one position but improving the team as a whole.

Spending every penny on a like-for-like replacement would be exciting, but would leave us just as weak as we were last season.

How much realistically would his transfer fee be? £30m, £50m? I guess depends who is in for him?

Who would you replace him with? any ideas
I'm just going to toss some names out. Some aren't realistic, some I'm not sure are any good. One is a joke.

Luis Sinisterra, Hamed Traore, Hudson-Odoi, Brennan Johnson, Ademola Lookman, Sofiane Diop, Keane Lewis-Potter.

No I haven't watched them all. Yes I have scouted them through a combination of google, stats sites and youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.