2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I’m wrong but I just don’t see DCL and Newcastle at all, it’s the exact opposite of the sophisticated metropolitan move he was probably hoping for and I can’t see their fans taking to him or him to them. Yeah, money talks but he seems like the sort of guy who would also value lifestyle and his other interests, not to mention the sort of guy who might not like where the money comes from. Or maybe I’m being naive.
Odds for manager changes and transfers are always sketchy. A few pounds either way and the the bookies think there is inside knowledge

I think that would be exceptional. We aren’t getting that though unless Newcastle get desperate towards the end of the window.
Newcastle will get someone like Victor Osimhen or Gianluca Scamacca, I don't think they would really be looking for a DCL type player.

Maybe I’m wrong but I just don’t see DCL and Newcastle at all, it’s the exact opposite of the sophisticated metropolitan move he was probably hoping for and I can’t see their fans taking to him or him to them. Yeah, money talks but he seems like the sort of guy who would also value lifestyle and his other interests, not to mention the sort of guy who might not like where the money comes from. Or maybe I’m being naive.
They also just signed a forward for 30m

I dont trust DCL to put that much effort into it just for the merit of it. But I do trust him to be motivated by money and improvement, and by keeping him and making him have to have a good season to force his way somewhere else
He has always been a hard worker for the team. There were a few games where he looked off it this season but coming back from injury and possibly tactics/instruction to not overdo it and remain an outball? In the few years he's been with us he has always worked hard imo and made a big difference last few games

This is what I was thinking. They have a target man in Woods, and two decent strikers in Wilson and that new guy from Frnce. No way they are after DCL
Woods was a needs must, short term signing to keep them Up and relegate burnley at the same. Plan worked well and he has covered £30m.
Not sure he is a top 6 striker at his age.

You have to have a good album before you even consider breaking up the band...Top of the Plops is as good as it's been.

Get back to your instruments.

Respectfully,
G.H. Martin CBE

I dont trust DCL to put that much effort into it just for the merit of it. But I do trust him to be motivated by money and improvement, and by keeping him and making him have to have a good season to force his way somewhere else
I think he is pretty self motivated

Between long term injuries and mental health issues we should write last season off. Give the lad a supply chain and he will score 15+ again.

Status
Not open for further replies.