2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very tough decision for Thelwell/Lampard.

Do we:

A: Look at the risk of another injury as @Eggs is concerned about?

B: Quote a fee which would enable us to bring in two replacements?

C: Offer a 'blockbuster' contract extension and tempt him with the captains armband?

Without the injury you'd look at White £50mil, Sancho £73mil and Grealish £100mil and probably be quoting £80-90mil.

That injury is a real worry, the fee could be a game changer....but, it would be nice to have DCL long term.

Do we:

C: Offer a 'blockbuster' contract extension and tempt him with the captains armband?

Without the injury you'd look at White £50mil, Sancho £73mil and Grealish £100mil and probably be quoting £80-90mil.

That injury is a real worry, the fee could be a game changer....but, it would be nice to have DCL long term.
Lots of talk that we have turned down £39 m from Newcastle - not because of the amount but because we don't want to sell to a rival.

I share Eggs injury concern - the loss of a quad is hard to get over - just ask Klopp.

Do we:

Grealish was out for months in his last season for villa...it was 75mil plus 25mil add ons apparently but anyway, I wouldn't entertain anything lower than 60mil for Dom, aiming for the 90mil mark... only benefit to losing him would be bucket loads of cash, he's going to be a top striker

Hope his agent doesn’t work as hard at getting him a move than as he does for photo shoots. I hope he stays put for another season

Attachments

• A8604323-875F-4694-A634-9A83842C95DF.webp
    A8604323-875F-4694-A634-9A83842C95DF.webp
    51.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 3B3FC3F3-6FD9-423C-862E-83EE4CA26553.webp
    3B3FC3F3-6FD9-423C-862E-83EE4CA26553.webp
    87.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 9DE510E0-67C8-41B5-BD27-1622DAD10881.webp
    9DE510E0-67C8-41B5-BD27-1622DAD10881.webp
    161.6 KB · Views: 92
Lots of talk that we have turned down £39 m from Newcastle - not because of the amount but because we don't want to sell to a rival.

I share Eggs injury concern - the loss of a quad is hard to get over - just ask Klopp.

Id be amazed if we took £39mil unless we thought his leg was falling off.

Dont Sheff Utd have a sell on as well?

Yes - hence why he was clean shaved for the last game of the season, so happened in between the palace game and Arsenal game - which does concern me. He should have been completely focused on the final game considering how little days they had to prep. Priorities all wrong but still thanking him for the goal

Article is here https://www.standard.co.uk/esmagazi...ci-adidas-everton-interview-b1004933.html?amp
Bit of a jump that. He had a shave in between games, doesn't mean he did the shoot then. Or are we banning shaving inbetween games now?

Also, even if he did, the entire team was on holiday at that point as we were safe and it meant nothing.

And if you actually read the article, it specifically states its the day after the arsenal game.

Last edited:
Yes - hence why he was clean shaved for the last game of the season, so happened in between the palace game and Arsenal game - which does concern me. He should have been completely focused on the final game considering how little days they had to prep. Priorities all wrong but still thanking him for the goal

Article is here https://www.standard.co.uk/esmagazi...ci-adidas-everton-interview-b1004933.html?amp
It must be after Crystal Palace game as it mentions his goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back