Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine rating Emerson Royal to the point you thought he was the next big thing

I also didn't say both, but they are the profile we should be looking at

I know you love your children's lists but you need to get into the real world were we are signing Gray, Rondon & Begovic

These references to Epstein and Children and the appreciation of really poor players is concerning.

Youre joking right?

Dennis has 2 goals since 1st Jan.

2 in 17 games FFS.
Prime Ronaldo would have struggled to score goals under Hodgson. That drop off is pretty easy to explain unless you want to blatantly ignore the obvious. Hodgson came in to try and stop them getting relegated and immediately instilled tactics that seemed to prevent any Watford player crossing the half way line. Factor in the absolute crap in that Watford side and 10 goals and 6 assists is impressive whichever way you slice it. He’s at a good age, he’s quick, skilful and a threat if he’s allowed to express himself.

How is it? Patterson can’t displace a 60 grand 60 year old Coleman. Coleman is not good enough and hasn’t been for about 4 years
And Middlesbrough thought they highly of him they loaned him out. And spence has had 4yrs in the championship, Patterson has been at 2 big clubs, where it’s not as easy to get game time as a kid. And spence is older

You’re making a judgement on a kid who’s hardly played, he nearly has as many caps for Scotland as games for rangers and Everton

Why exactly?

I see a similar player who could be brought in for 20m giving us 30m+ to spend on the rest of the team. Dennis was more productive last year and that's without factoring in penalties. I'd be thrilled with a reasonable replacement in that winger/striker role along with maybe two CMs with the leftovers.

Couple of reasons

Firstly, Richarlison is a better player.

Secondly, and just as importantly, Richarlison is an incredibly popular player in the dressing room and, by all accounts, a good guy. Dennis is a renowned idiot who's caused plenty of dressing room drama in his short career so far and has been overlooked by a number of clubs because of character issues

Realistically, I would take £50 million for Richarlison. Yeah, I like the bloke but with only 2 years left on contract, it would be foolish if we let him run it down and we are in position financially where we can't afford to take risks. Use that money to get Zinchenko from City for £30 million and get a deal for Gallagher and I reckon that wouldn't be too bad. Leave Winks at Spurs though......please!!!!

Realistically, I would take £50 million for Richarlison. Yeah, I like the bloke but with only 2 years left on contract, it would be foolish if we let him run it down and we are in position financially where we can't afford to take risks. Use that money to get Zinchenko from City for £30 million and get a deal for Gallagher and I reckon that wouldn't be too bad. Leave Winks at Spurs though......please!!!!
Except Richy to Spurs is made up and we won’t be selling him for 50 million be more then that

Except Richy to Spurs is made up and we won’t be selling him for 50 million be more then that
I reckon there is something in the story as he is clear odds on to move to Spurs. But I take the point this is silly season where lazy journalists just need stuff to fill up their column of lies. Guess we will just have to wait and see.....Please leave Winks at Spurs though ?

I reckon there is something in the story as he is clear odds on to move to Spurs. But I take the point this is silly season where lazy journalists just need stuff to fill up their column of lies. Guess we will just have to wait and see.....Please leave Winks at Spurs though ?
I just don’t see him getting a game at Spurs, where would he play. He isn’t getting in ahead of Kane or Son

Coleman was throwing a goal a game into his own net mate with the mistakes being made . Patterson didn’t play because he’s not better than Coleman at this point in time which is bad as Coleman has been finished for years
Patterson was injured for most of the last few months of the season. Lampard rates Coleman as a captain, so I'm not surprised he wasn't dropped. We had also just brought I a new young left back so prior to Pattersons injury, it would have been half the defence with young players new to the league in a relegation scrap. Lampard wasn't taking that risk.

And Middlesbrough thought they highly of him they loaned him out. And spence has had 4yrs in the championship, Patterson has been at 2 big clubs, where it’s not as easy to get game time as a kid. And spence is older

You’re making a judgement on a kid who’s hardly played, he nearly has as many caps for Scotland as games for rangers and Everton
I have a Middlesbrough supporting mate who swears to me Spence isnt very good

Patterson was injured for most of the last few months of the season. Lampard rates Coleman as a captain, so I'm not surprised he wasn't dropped. We had also just brought I a new young left back so prior to Pattersons injury, it would have been half the defence with young players new to the league in a relegation scrap. Lampard wasn't taking that risk.
Is it heretical to say that Coleman's form in the latter part of the season, when he was just being asked to defend, was really good?

Status
Not open for further replies.