Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated, 25 million gets you a Chris Wood these days. I think anyone who is turning their noses up at Dennis and want far better if Richarlison goes, are going to be very disappointed and are sadly not in touch with reality. We’re going to have to make any fee for Richy stretch as far as possible which will mean punts on potential, or more seasoned players that the top clubs don’t want. 20 million for a player who has identical stats as Richarlison last year in a team even worse than ours, isn’t to be sniffed at IMO. Someone will snap him up guaranteed.

As stated, 25 million gets you a Chris Wood these days. I think anyone who is turning their noses up at Dennis and want far better if Richarlison goes, are going to be very disappointed and are sadly not in touch with reality. We’re going to have to make any fee for Richy stretch as far as possible which will mean punts on potential, or more seasoned players that the top clubs don’t want. 20 million for a player who has identical stats as Richarlison last year in a team even worse than ours, isn’t to be sniffed at IMO. Someone will snap him up guaranteed.

If we sign Dennis then we may as well write off Thelwell.

I'm not surprised at the Spurs Richarlison link.

For years Spurs have struggled to get a player of adequate quality who can step in for Harry Kane.

In Richarlison they have a good ( not elite ) player who can not only rotate with Kane but can cover all 3 front positions. He may not be first choice but with rotation will get plenty of game time.

He has been great for us, carried us on occasions . Conte will love his application and workmate.

To be honest I thought he would develop more and certainly score more goals at Everton. He tries so hard that you have to like him as a player but is infuriating with how easily he goes to ground, loses the ball and miss routine chances ( and then score worldies!)

I had expected his fee to be £60-75 m and would be disappointed with only 50.

You have to wish him well and that it is sad that we gave squandered so much money on dross and been unable to surround him with better quality.

Will be interesting and painful in equal measure to see him in a team with better quality players.

Last edited:

Can people please stop using Chris Wood it was a release clause not his actual value.

I'm just trying to be realistic, I'm not sure what money we have to buy players

Last year of contract, scored 11 goals & 3 assists in a woeful Norwich 3 were penaltys mind

He isn't young yes but he is a decent goalscorer cheap and would be a great sub in my opinion

Got to remember the 5 subs rule will change alot we need a deap squad & have just come off a season of just staying up with a rookie manager

We`ve been in the position with no money before and managed to pick some gems without signing 32 year old over the hill strikers.

I think there are bargains out there but they will be out of reach of our knowledge and hopefully our scouting network will have already found them.

I`d be working on the out of contract players like Eriksen, Andreas Christiansen, Tolisso, Amartey, Denayer, Origi, Romagnoli, Grillitsch, Belotti, Strakosha, Luiz Felipe, Onana, Bernadeschi. There is absolutely loads of quality available without transfer fees.....

Isco, Pogba, Kessie, Dybala, Dembele (Barca) aswell

These are not long term fixes but will instantly improve our quality, drag us away from the bottom half then you can bring through the youngsters whilst saving money on transfer fees.

We`ve been in the position with no money before and managed to pick some gems without signing 32 year old over the hill strikers.

I think there are bargains out there but they will be out of reach of our knowledge and hopefully our scouting network will have already found them.

I`d be working on the out of contract players like Eriksen, Andreas Christiansen, Tolisso, Amartey, Denayer, Origi, Romagnoli, Grillitsch, Belotti, Strakosha, Luiz Felipe, Onana, Bernadeschi. There is absolutely loads of quality available without transfer fees.....

Isco, Pogba, Kessie, Dybala, Dembele (Barca) aswell

These are not long term fixes but will instantly improve our quality, drag us away from the bottom half then you can bring through the youngsters whilst saving money on transfer fees.

Out of contract players are not necessarily a financially sound answer. No fee means they want an inflated salary and often at an age when there will be sell on value and if it doesn’t work out no other club will take them. Tarkowski is in this bracket but CB tend to play longer and he is proven in the PL and fills a definite need in the squad.

On the whole I would prefer to gamble with youth, if it doesn’t work out they can always be moved on even if it’s at a loss something can be recouped. Look at Moise Keane, that didn’t work but in the end we will get our money back plus some.

Status
Not open for further replies.