Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
People dreaming of sovereign wealth funds, you guys, how long have you supported this club?

We will get some crazy yanks who send us to China to play games specially for Winnie the Pooh, they will change the clubs name to Everton Tomahawks and we will convert to a MLS club within 2 years.
heresy that, fill your boots while you can.
Why would someone step in now pre BMD build. Wheres the honeypot?

Interesting how the story went from just Kenyon’s consortium when Law broke the story to most of the media running with the 4 interested parties line

I do wonder though if Moshiri might price out a few with his supposed valuations

The basis is what you've described mate. It's being changed.

And expect massive sponsorships for any club bought out by a sovereign fund.

Not good for us though. Even with this consortium. They will want return on investment, it’s not the same as getting some Arabian Prince who owns an airline or insurance company or Nuclear energy company that will sponsor the club and stadium for £100m a season just so he can get a team in the champions league and go toe to toe with his cousins at Man City and PSG

Trump supporters and white supremacists just what we need..

Surely the club should be approaching Jim Radcliffe as he was after Chelsea so clearly wants to buy a club.

Interesting how the story went from just Kenyon’s consortium when Law broke the story to most of the media running with the 4 interested parties line

I do wonder though if Moshiri might price out a few with his supposed valuations
MIGHT?

He wants a Billion for a Club thats worth 300m TOPS.

Mad time to buy a Prem club tbh. You have to compete with 6 of the biggest clubs in Europe, the richest club on the planet, and half a dozen other serious outfits.

To what degree will the stadium be incorporated into the sale? If it's included within the £500 million pound sale price, then it would be a very good deal for a new owner, and there has long been an acceptance that we may have to take on and service debt to realise the new stadium. If it doesn't include the stadium, then the new owner is looking at a purchase price of somewhere around 1 billion, a figure that would surely preclude a leveraged buyout?

We could have the richest man in the world, but he will still only be allowed to lose around 100million pound over 3 years to adhere to the current FFP rules. Moshiri has far exceeded such losses and somehow managed to take us backwards. If we have owners that don't invest, and Everton only spends Everton's revenue, then we are essentially back to the Kenwright era, although you would hope that the new owners would have better business acumen.
yup.

Because we can’t afford what we spend mate, at current spending the club is dependent on Moshiri putting money into the club, 100s of million a year, he’s made us utterly dependent on him and we loose money hand over fist. Presently the club isn’t sustainable without raised finance, three ways of getting that, eithe 1) these lads write cheques on top of the cost price - don’t see it, 2) They take in external debt on behalf of the club (maybe including or partly including the cost of borrowing to buy), 3) Cut and cut hard, selling or financing against anything that moves.

The plan will be to back themselves to stay in the PL by doing any of the above, they will manage costs or and raise debt, maintaining their asset as it appreciates.

I agree that’s my concern I don’t see an upside either for Everton.

What do you see them doing?

I see it as a mixture of 2 and 3. A medium term play.

I cant see Americans signing cheques.

I would imagine they see an untapped asset, with terrible management that could be easily improved. A club with a history, and a story that can be monetized in America. A stadium as well, to attract a new level of customer.

Short term, they may take more debt on, but not in a leverage it on to the club way, but more as in short term to help cash flows.

Alongside that, there would be a far more stringent approach. Kenyon probably assures them Lampard and Thelwell are credible.

TLDR essentially a mixture of better management, cost reduction, commercial improvement with debt being a short term bridge.

That's how I see they envisage it.

Not good for us though. Even with this consortium. They will want return on investment, it’s not the same as getting some Arabian Prince who owns an airline or insurance company or Nuclear energy company that will sponsor the club and stadium for £100m a season just so he can get a team in the champions league and go toe to toe with his cousins at Man City and PSG

The current Consortium, and a Sheikh are completely different entities, with completely different approaches though.

Status
Not open for further replies.