Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would lend against us? And what's their pay out? They need the club to stay in the PL?

United/Liverpool, solid balance sheet with huge name.
Burnley-loads of cash.

I dont see the upside of that strategy for Everton. Youd just avoid.

If you cut hard, we go down, and they lose their investment.
Potentially a wider Liverpool Waters/property play in the same sense Usmanov likely was/is?

I suppose the guaranteed funds to build the stadium may have been a contractual obligation of the fixed build cost agreement.

In some ways, given the current rate of inflation, that fixed cost build contract might be the single most attractive element of the Everton package to a would-be investor. It should ensure they get an asset that is immediately worth significantly more than it cost to build the day it opens. Will probably sell the stadium to a third party to make some money back (can owners still do that???)

That’s what I mean, unless it’s a wealthy state like Qatar or UAE he’s got no chance

I would hedge bets that he’ll sell under 500 but maintain ownership of the stadium side of things until it’s built

Thats my theory anyway. Only a super Sheikh can pay what he wants/is asking for.

He may compromise like. Interesting

I see it as a mixture of 2 and 3. A medium term play.

I cant see Americans signing cheques.

I would imagine they see an untapped asset, with terrible management that could be easily improved. A club with a history, and a story that can be monetized in America. A stadium as well, to attract a new level of customer.

Short term, they may take more debt on, but not in a leverage it on to the club way, but more as in short term to help cash flows.

Alongside that, there would be a far more stringent approach. Kenyon probably assures them Lampard and Thelwell are credible.

TLDR essentially a mixture of better management, cost reduction, commercial improvement with debt being a short term bridge.

That's how I see they envisage it.

All of those things concern me there are to many downward forces for it to be good for Everton, culling of assets, heaping debt, not to mention a business looseing money hand over fist. This type of deal and I’m making big assumptions there, is to harsh for me with to many red flags, given our current circumstances. It’s essentially what Bill used to do but in a greater and higher risk scale in worst circumstances.

Essemtially these lads are bringing zero investment into the club, going to sweat it hard and are here for what they can make, not for the value of what they can offer, to my eye.

So I’m absolutely against the nature of this deal, if our assumptions are correct.

Best alternative would be someone willing to invest or Moshiri stays for a couple of years and continues to write cheques so we can get of the more in a couple of years. So we could be of interest to someone else rather than vampires.

That’s what I mean, unless it’s a wealthy state like Qatar or UAE he’s got no chance

I would hedge bets that he’ll sell under 500 but maintain ownership of the stadium side of things until it’s built
I see no reason why somebody couldnt commit to building the stadium via a loan, I doubt they would have to front the cash.

500m isnt even his money back, but its still too much, IMO.

All of those things concern me there are to many downward forces for it to be good for Everton, culling of assets, heaping debt, not to mention a business looseing money hand over fist. This type of deal and I’m making big assumptions there, is to harsh for me with to many red flags, given our current circumstances. It’s essentially what Bill used to do but in a greater and higher risk scale in worst circumstances.

Essemtially these lads are bringing zero investment into the club, going to sweat it hard and are here for what they can make, not for the value of what hype can offer, to my eye.

So I’m absolutely against the nature of this deal, if our assumptions are correct.

Best alternative would be someone willing to invest or Moshiri stays for a couple of years and continues to write cheques so we can get of the more in a couple of years. So we could be of interest to someone else rather than vampires.
The financial picture has changed already though. With the players having left already the wage bill is a lot more manageable. In 12 months again the situation changes for the better.
The wheat from the chaff. We aint got a lot of bang for our buck from quite a few, we've limped on and survived just about. There is clear room to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.