Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The financial picture has changed already though. With the players having left already the wage bill is a lot more manageable. In 12 months again the situation changes for the better.
The wheat from the chaff. We aint got a lot of bang for our buck from quite a few, we've limped on and survived just about. There is clear room to improve.

Projected losses as they stand this year - 21/22 are 70 odd million to July, unless we sell. We’ve shaved about 20 odd million in costs after that from July onward , before sales heading into 22/23, so we’ve a short fall of 50 million to make up before we sign one player, as things stand. Selling Richarlison after July 1st probably sees us at ground zero. For 22/23. But that selling a player, to pat wages and we can’t do that every year and stay sustainable.

The saving we make from players leaving are really over estimated in regard to our losses, they help but far from a silver bullet.

Projected losses as they stand this year - 21/22 are 70 odd million to July, unless we sell. We’ve shaved about 20 odd million in costs after that from July onward , before sales heading into 22/23, so we’ve a short fall of 50 million to make up before we sign one player, as things stand. Selling Richarlison after July 1st probably sees us at ground zero. For 22/23. But that selling a player, to pat wages and we can’t do that every year and stay sustainable.

The saving we make from players leaving are really over estimated in regard to our losses, they help but far from a silver bullet.

God that’s horrific, aren’t we supposed to get £25m for Kean? I know it’s not amazing but it should help moving us towards break even.

We know Coleman and Gomes and a few others are done in 12 months time though. It'll mean getting a few versatile lads in to cover on the edges. A few Phil Nevilles. Or we go all out and trust the young blood to step into the fray. Lampard is going to have to cut his cloth accordingly a la Moyes and stitch a side together as best he can.
I'm gutted for Townsend, it was done before it started for Gbamin, Rondon is way past his sell by date, theres still a lot of the squad we wont see a lot from.

It's getting the message to the agents that the days of Allardyce and Koeman and the mega contracts of those days are done.

God that’s horrific, aren’t we supposed to get £25m for Kean? I know it’s not amazing but it should help moving us towards break even.

Unless we sell him before July 1st we may as well keep him out on loan, we get a loan fee and the deal anyway in the next finial year. The only reason to sell him now (at a lower price) is we could take a chunk of our losses this financial year up to July 1st.

Any chance for King of Thailand or Sultan of Brunei?

View attachment 169892
I’m sure about 20-30 odd years ago, it was rumoured that the then Sultan of Brunei (no idea if it’s the same fella as now), was an “Everton fan”, and there was talks of a potential investment from him. It was either him or someone very close to him.

Or I’ve completely misremembered some obscure fact from the past and am chatting complete cobblers!

I’m sure about 20-30 odd years ago, it was rumoured that the then Sultan of Brunei (no idea if it’s the same fella as now), was an “Everton fan”, and there was talks of a potential investment from him. It was either him or someone very close to him.

Or I’ve completely misremembered some obscure fact from the past and am chatting complete cobblers!
welcome to the internet.
I'm just amazed Gaddafi and Hussein weren't paid up loyalist blues, on the cusp of a dual state backed takeover. No oil dweeb would have to be the size of the stay-puft marshmallow man to confront that twin threat.
So far as this goes, it could all be smoke and mirrors to either drum up season ticket sales or to put the frighteners on the vocal few who are agitating.

Essemtially these lads are bringing zero investment into the club, going to sweat it hard and are here for what they can make, not for the value of what they can offer, to my eye.
There's nothing to sweat from the club. This isn't United, with bags and bags of goodwill to loot via taking on debt and an IPO. It's an enterprise that is bleeding red ink.

I can't see Moshiri getting his number, but then again I couldn't see Chelsea going for almost 2.5x estimated valuation either.

IMG_20220601_125226288.jpg

I know where The Sultan of Brunei lives. Maybe I'll drop in and have a word when I visit my mum next time.

welcome to the internet.
I'm just amazed Gaddafi and Hussein weren't paid up loyalist blues, on the cusp of a dual state backed takeover. No oil dweeb would have to be the size of the stay-puft marshmallow man to confront that twin threat.
So far as this goes, it could all be smoke and mirrors to either drum up season ticket sales or to put the frighteners on the vocal few who are agitating.
Looks like I was kinda right. No mention of him being an “Everton fan” though ?. Was around the time Johnson was looking to sell in 1997

There's nothing to sweat from the club. This isn't United, with bags and bags of goodwill to loot via taking on debt and an IPO. It's an enterprise that is bleeding red ink.

I can't see Moshiri getting his number, but then again I couldn't see Chelsea going for almost 2.5x estimated valuation either.

Do you remember our prudential deal back in the day, many ways to sweat the club and maintain your asset.

All of those things concern me there are to many downward forces for it to be good for Everton, culling of assets, heaping debt, not to mention a business looseing money hand over fist. This type of deal and I’m making big assumptions there, is to harsh for me with to many red flags, given our current circumstances. It’s essentially what Bill used to do but in a greater and higher risk scale in worst circumstances.

Essemtially these lads are bringing zero investment into the club, going to sweat it hard and are here for what they can make, not for the value of what they can offer, to my eye.

So I’m absolutely against the nature of this deal, if our assumptions are correct.

Best alternative would be someone willing to invest or Moshiri stays for a couple of years and continues to write cheques so we can get of the more in a couple of years. So we could be of interest to someone else rather than vampires.

All true

All of those things exist whoever is owner though.

Currently Moshiri writes blank cheques to cover for them. This board (primarily the chairman and CEO) are unable to take the action that is needed to remedy it. At some point, there comes a time when Moshiri cannot keep writing cheques.

An American takeover would seek to improve performance. That's in no way as easy as some would assume. I think there are some quick and easy wins in turnover terms, but honestly most of the way is quite hard graft.

I'd kind of hoped Moshiri would make the changes required, but he hasnt and I dont think he will.

We are in a poor position whatever happens, and I think we all knew this already. While Americans may cut costs, we all know we need to improve and cut costs, and that that improvement wont happen with this board in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.