Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder, why after spending all this money and finally delivering on a new Stadium Moshiri is considering selling up.... Surely it would make more sense waiting until project is finished and he could command a larger

It's a fair point. I think others have suggested he's not as enthusiastic about owning us any more as he was when he first arrived. And the on field woes and off field financial accounting mess probably makes him question what he is doing owning a football club.

It might seem obvious I just can't get beyond what has happened as a result of what a certain repugnant person in Russia decided to do in Ukraine and the seismic after effects. Which means Moshiri's business partner is targeted creating knock on effects including our ties with the various organisations who were sponsoring us ending. I think it's probably unfair to think of Moshiri as Usmanov's sidekick but Moshiri is definitely not the main man and now that Usmanov
is on a sabbatical Moshiri needs to reign in this vanity project.

Which to be honest I feel has been a complete failure. With the existing chairman still mulling over those good times we've had.

Even if I was a billionaire, I seriously doubt I'd buy us. Megalomaniacs, morons and speculators buy sports teams, it's a money pit...you should expect the worst, by default. Dunno why some of you are shedding so much.

Everyone thought Abramovich was that guy but he was just a laundering shyster...nobody just gives money away for something so trivial as a stupid, meaningless tin pot to put in a curio cabinet...apart from fans.

Kenyon, on past form at least seems to 'know the cries' as is said, but all those he's fronting for...and that's all he is a guy on the ground d on this side of the Atlantic...Would they pass the old criteria, nevermind the new rules(?) brought in after the horsepunchers take over.

Is it a case of...anybody's better than Moshiri...are they 'not our sort of chaps' and even if they're not, do we have a choice if Moshiri want to sell us out from under.

Edit:
Q) is any billionaire / very rich dude / businessman 'our sort of chap'
A) probably not

Last edited:
Newcastle, richest club on the planet, currently can’t spend loads on the worlds best players because of FFP.
But they can spend loads if they want too.

Thanks to their last owner being an absolute minge. Probably in the top 3 'best' run clubs on that front. They'd need to go absolutely mental to fall foul of FFP.

I'm actually a little disappointed at how sensible the new owners seem to be. They have got pretty much every move right so far.

Need to stop posting as soon as I open my eyes. lol

I meant:

But they (Newcastle) can spend loads if they want to thanks to their last owner being an absolute minge.

They're probably in the top 3 'best' run clubs on that front. They'd need to go absolutely mental to fall foul of FFP.

I'm actually a little disappointed at how sensible the new owners seem to be. They have got pretty much every move right so far.

That's better.

Even if I was a billionaire, I seriously doubt I'd buy us. Megalomaniacs, morons and speculators buy sports teams, it's a money pit...you should expect the worst, by default. Dunno why some of you are shedding so much.

Everyone thought Abramovich was that guy but he was just a laundering shyster...nobody just gives money away for something so trivial as a stupid, meaningless tin pot to put in a curio cabinet...apart from fans.
That old model of a businessman buying the local football club as a community asset, and they invest in it with no expectation of ever making money, is long, long gone. You still want that, then you need to go to non league. But no, just blame everything on “the Yanks.”

Status
Not open for further replies.