Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you telling me you think this league works without a load of minor corruptions?

FFS, it's childlike to do so.
No, I am not.

Your own lack of clarity on why they are separate issues is the problem here.

As I said earlier:

There are two things getting conflated here, and that's what makes no sense.

There very well might be some off-the-record (or even on-the-record) chats between Everton / Burnley / the FA looking for something or other to help this lawsuit go away.

Paying Burnley for a player that is no longer theirs is something entirely different. That square cannot be circled.

If you're not willing to accept that, and your past history suggests you're never willing to cede on anything, then frankly I'm done discussing this with you right as I put this last full stop just here.

No, I am not.

Your own lack of clarity on why they are separate issues is the problem here.

As I said earlier:

If you're not willing to accept that, and your past history suggests you're never willing to cede on anything, then frankly I'm done discussing this with you right as I put this last full stop just here.
The Tarkowski situation allows for bona fide contact between Everton and a former player...look how that might work: agents are as devious and operate at the edges of the law. Bung his agent - who probably does other work with Burnley - a big overpay for his services and that cash can easily be lost in a labyrithe of paper work down the line.

It'd be a breeze for accountants top set up such a scenario. They are all bent and operate just this side of the law and stretching it beyond all recognition.

You would have to be a wide eyed ingenue to not realise that the PL is crawling with deals like the one I just described. It's a billion pound industry, and where the cash is is where the sharp practices are.

£2m for wrting a letter to the PL?

Sounds like a good deal.
Im curious what the letter would say.

Dear Premier League,

Everton have paid us for a player that was a free transfer, please accept this as proof that they are willing to do anything to avoid following the rules.

Signed
Some Yanks

I mean what next, shall we offer City some money towards them signing Haaland?

Status
Not open for further replies.