Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I think we need more we need two midfielders and two forwards for me. Maybe a loan or two?

If we had a quality DM and with Tarkowski playing every week then we'd look more solid. An attacking player, like a KLP or a Johnson creates competition and adds a few more goals and assists to the group.

I think thats enough for 8-10th providing theres not the same injuries as last season.

Richarlison looks certain to go of course so it would be perfect timing to move out another 7 or 8 players on top and just have a fresh start with 4 more coming in after Tarkowski.

That should also push us to 8-10th but if the players are u23 it at least opens up the group to improve/develop year on year.

If we had a quality DM and with Tarkowski playing every week then we'd look more solid. An attacking player, like a KLP or a Johnson creates competition and adds a few more goals and assists to the group.

I think thats enough for 8-10th providing theres not the same injuries as last season.

Richarlison looks certain to go of course so it would be perfect timing to move out another 7 or 8 players on top and just have a fresh start with 4 more coming in after Tarkowski.

That should also push us to 8-10th but if the players are u23 it at least opens up the group to improve/develop year on year.
Issue is though who creates and drives us forward centrally against teams that sit in if we aren't bringing another midfielder in? It's why we need a dominant DM and a player like Gallagher/someone else to create and get in the box is needed I think. Maybe buy the DM and loan the other mid depending who we can move off the books. Considering the five sub rule our squad is very thin right now even with the additions you mention unless we bring in more goals/creativity its lower half for me.

Why would he block that but allow Walsh to give Sandro Ramirez £120k a week?

I guess it doesn't matter a great deal, because the ghost of raiola would have added in an £8m release clause anyway, and he'd have bounced off to the highest bidder as soon as he looked half decent. At least there's less resent in this timeline.

….create from wide positions. It’s what happened in ‘85.
True if you get the right wide players it helps massively as will keeping Dom fit if he stays. But out of the group of midfielders I don't see much in the way of playmaking ability or goals there, maybe a proper DM could free up Doucs and Iwobi but I suspect Lamps will want a Gallagher type to create and get in the box myself. Even if he sees Ali as that you need different types in a squad. Also say it's a KLP or a Johnson we bring in its a lot to expect them to come in and be relied upon straight away we need to share the goals around. I was watching the TTV video assessing the midfielders last season and they got a pitiful amount of goals between them. We need to address that.

Status
Not open for further replies.