Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue is though who creates and drives us forward centrally against teams that sit in if we aren't bringing another midfielder in? It's why we need a dominant DM and a player like Gallagher/someone else to create and get in the box is needed I think. Maybe buy the DM and loan the other mid depending who we can move off the books. Considering the five sub rule our squad is very thin right now even with the additions you mention unless we bring in more goals/creativity its lower half for me.

….create from wide positions. It’s what happened in ‘85.

Depends on the formation as well...i know eggs doesnt put much stock in formations...but if were playing 343 then its surely different tactics to 433.

I dont think were too far off 8th-10th.

If we held onto our main players, didnt get mad injuries and add Tarkowski, DM and forward starters just 6.5/7 out of 10 every game we'd be in that bracket.

Id guess the attack would come from Wide with the full backs (Myko/Patterson) and wingers/wide forwards + Iwobi central and the long ball to DCL in a 433 type setup.

Just need to have the CB/DM for defensive solidity.

And the RS have 3 straight titles if the basis was Leicester's win but that's not how the table works

I think that's a bit of an apples and pears comparison mate. Most people would say Liverpool have an excellent team. It would also be fair to ask why a squad got 59 points becomes a bottom 6 squad? Its not an unfair question.

Were we over achieving then?

I think that's a bit of an apples and pears comparison mate. Most people would say Liverpool have an excellent team. It would also be fair to ask why a squad got 59 points becomes a bottom 6 squad? Its not an unfair question.

I think the entire league was skewed that season, it wasn’t real football at any point. I’d happily scrub it from the history books so people can’t ever use it as a reference point again.

I think the entire league was skewed that season, it wasn’t real football at any point. I’d happily scrub it from the history books so people can’t ever use it as a reference point again.

I'm not having the win at Anfield scrubbed!

That's a fair enough point though, maybe we suited empty stadiums. I could go along with that, but then you see our terrible home record, and what a difference the fans make this season, and I find it hard to do that.

This season, in empty stadiums, we get relegated IMO mate.

I think that's a fairly easy answer. We sold the two best players from that team and didn't replace them. So the 10th best team or whatever wasn't that anymore.

We underachieved last year. We haven't overachieved since we finished 5th. The rest has been about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back