Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats tell some of the story though.

Cornet who I also don’t want, got 9 goals and 1 assist in 26 games. McNeil, playing in the same team on the other wing normally, got 0 goals and 1 assist in 38 games!
If McNeil had the same return as Cornet who most think is poor and don’t want, Burnley could be a premier league team right now!

Dennis, who I rate higher than both and would have, got 10 goals and 6 assists in an equally crap Watford team in 33 games.
He could have just had a bad season too. It happens.

I'll tell you why I like McNeil.

Good work ethic, good passer, can play multiple positions, strong left foot.

His problem was being the only creative player at Burnley...so teams stop him and the only option was long ball.

Sometimes its not about pace and I could see him being very effective with Dele and DCL.

Not a popular choice but im not afraid to back it.
Not often , but on this occasion I am in agreement with Zat.

I think Mc Neill is a fine player , regardless of the stats.

Reminds me of Sheedy , there I said it.

Yeah to be fair, I changed it from rubbish to average.

Its not rubbish.

The lads only young, so to be quite honest, he wouldnt be the worst option, I would probably take him before that 1 season wonder Dennis.

But cant say I watched much of either last season.

The thing is, despite McNeils age, he hasnt really improved from the young lad who made his debut, again, im only judging him on stats I have available, I really cant say ive tracked his career.

In short, it would be a bit meh, but the boy has talent and is still a good age.

I wonder if there is a bit of a ceiling to playing for Burnley though, especially Burnley without Wood.

Objectively, I see him similar to Gordon but being a year older. If we can get him for 15m it seems a reasonable deal with some upside.

I meant the dumb idea that because your best mate works somewhere that it means you're going to encourage them to join you ! It's a nonsense and just shows how far removed fans are from the professional game, the emphasis being on professional. And I didn't realise about the war in Ukraine, I thought the petrol crisis was the main story, but on that note Morrisons does appear to be cheapest so I'll see you there in 5 mins with my nunchuks !!
It depends. Nobody is going to join Everton over Real Madrid even if their best mate plays for us.

Everton or, I dunno, Aston Villa or someone, yeah that could have an influence. It's an additional reason, it will never be the main one.

He’s has 3 bad seasons. 7 goals in 134 games. That’s Tom Davies numbers

2 goals and 5 assists last season, when he was the same age as Gordon, in a poor team. Similar to Gordon. Had a bad season last year, question is was it a bad season or a start of things to come for me.

He’s had very similar numbers for 3 seasons to be fair. I think his destiny is to be an average Premier League left back.
Of course I put no stock in numbers but I thought he looked a bit off the pace last season in the admittedly small amount of times I saw him. Before last season I thought he looked a genuine talent.

Why don’t we see if there are any players outside of England?

For years now we’ve rarely looked across the other leagues. Wages are much lower, fees are much lower, and there’s a lot of technical ability out there which we desperately need.

Why don’t we see if there are any players outside of England?

For years now we’ve rarely looked across the other leagues. Wages are much lower, fees are much lower, and there’s a lot of technical ability out there which we desperately need.
Almost certain we have bought lots of players outside of England mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.