Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget the stats which make players like Dennis and Cornet look better than dross.

Watch some of his passing and even his defensive work...very good player to have in the squad.

Exactly...wand of a left foot.

Dele and DCL would love playing with him.

£15mil they apparently want. May not start every game but as one of 4 wide options he looks good to me.

Nice to have him in the side...brings leadership and experience as well plus clearly a winning mentality.

Left midfielder in a 3 imo...

Expensive so loan with an option would be good.
Im not sure we are at the "spend 15m on squad players" phase of our rebuild yet.

Really hope there's something to the Zinchenko story, would be a very shrewd signing. We can offer him the opportunity to play CM as he wants to, while also gaining some cover for Myko without a new signing (I'm not convinced Nkounkou will make it in the PL). Also, having shown a willingness to play Coleman as a CB in a three at the end of the season signing Zinchenko gives the similar option of playing Myko as a LCB alongside, say, Godfrey and Tarkowski with Zinchenko the LWB.

You don't train and play under Guardiola without developing top notch technique, even Delph looked a cut above most of ours in terms of composure and technique, so you're replacing that quality plus providing defensive options in one fell swoop.
I genuinely think Zinchenko would immediately become our most important player tbh, he’s just what we need, quality, hard working on and off the ball.

….stats don’t tell the whole story. How this fabulous McNeil pass wasn’t an assist still amazes me;

Stats tell some of the story though.

Cornet who I also don’t want, got 9 goals and 1 assist in 26 games. McNeil, playing in the same team on the other wing normally, got 0 goals and 1 assist in 38 games!
If McNeil had the same return as Cornet who most think is poor and don’t want, Burnley could be a premier league team right now!

Dennis, who I rate higher than both and would have, got 10 goals and 6 assists in an equally crap Watford team in 33 games.

I think you are right.

I wouldn't pay near to what Burnley were after last season, but at 22 with the experiences he has had, I would have a look at him.

I'm surprised his stats are so bad, but does look a case of it being a bit of an anomaly. He has quality, size and offers a fair bit defensively. If he was available at a reason price, it might be a good time to get him.

Im not sure we are at the "spend 15m on squad players" phase of our rebuild yet.

Pickford
Mykolenko
Godfrey
Tarkowski
Patterson
New DM
New CM
Doucoure
Richarlison
DCL
Gordon

Aside from 2 starting midfielders we need to improve the squad.

The drop off from DCL to Rondon...or suchlike is what kills us when we have injuries.

For £15mil to get a player like him...when you look beyond Burnley and his goal actions(?) you'll find an effective solid all round left footer with alot of potential.

Imagine DCL being on the end of his crosses.

Cornet who I also don’t want, got 9 goals and 1 assist in 26 games. McNeil, playing in the same team on the other wing normally, got 0 goals and 1 assist in 38 games!
If McNeil had the same return as Cornet who most think is poor and don’t want, Burnley could be a premier league team right now!

Dennis, who I rate higher than both and would have, got 10 goals and 6 assists in an equally crap Watford team in 33 games.
Some stats tell it better.

stats.jpg

Hes not unlucky, hes just average.

His country is at war so I imagine it builds a sort of camaraderie. Also I hate you. Meet you morrisons car park for a dust up
I meant the dumb idea that because your best mate works somewhere that it means you're going to encourage them to join you ! It's a nonsense and just shows how far removed fans are from the professional game, the emphasis being on professional. And I didn't realise about the war in Ukraine, I thought the petrol crisis was the main story, but on that note Morrisons does appear to be cheapest so I'll see you there in 5 mins with my nunchuks !!

Pickford
Mykolenko
Godfrey
Tarkowski
Patterson
New DM
New CM
Doucoure
Richarlison
DCL
Gordon

Aside from 2 starting midfielders we need to improve the squad.

The drop off from DCL to Rondon...or suchlike is what kills us when we have injuries.

For £15mil to get a player like him...when you look beyond Burnley and his goal actions(?) you'll find an effective solid all round left footer with alot of potential.

Imagine DCL being on the end of his crosses.
Think Dom prefers Demz Grays balls.

Cornet and Dennis played most of their games (and scored most goals) at centre forward.

Dennis between October - December 6 goals 4 assists (in 2 games).

Cornet 3 goals since 3rd Jan till season end and lots of misses.

Lets see what happens...id not say hes first choice for me but McNeil at £15mil could be interesting rotating with Gordon on the left if Richarlison went.

Money over for both KLP + Johnson for all the attacking positions covered then.

I meant the dumb idea that because your best mate works somewhere that it means you're going to encourage them to join you ! It's a nonsense and just shows how far removed fans are from the professional game, the emphasis being on professional. And I didn't realise about the war in Ukraine, I thought the petrol crisis was the main story, but on that note Morrisons does appear to be cheapest so I'll see you there in 5 mins with my nunchuks !!
"You didn't realise in about the war in Ukraine" not sure what to say to this

I mean 6 big chances is ok.
Yeah to be fair, I changed it from rubbish to average.

Its not rubbish.

The lads only young, so to be quite honest, he wouldnt be the worst option, I would probably take him before that 1 season wonder Dennis.

But cant say I watched much of either last season.

The thing is, despite McNeils age, he hasnt really improved from the young lad who made his debut, again, im only judging him on stats I have available, I really cant say ive tracked his career.

In short, it would be a bit meh, but the boy has talent and is still a good age.

Status
Not open for further replies.