Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don't get the clamour for Zinchenko. We need a box to box midfielder who will get double figures (in the mould of Gallagher) and we need a ball retaining destroyer (in the mould of Gana). Zinchenko is neither of these. He's also never played midfield in the Premier League and there's people who want to pay £30million for him? Only thing he has going for him is his winning mentality, but Delph had that?

100% - if Richy goes then we only have Gray and Gordon as Townsend is our until next year apparently.

We’d need two wide attackers and hopefully one of them will need to contribute with goals.
I know Dobbin is more of a striker but he’s looked decent on the left side of a 3 on a couple of cameos. Anybody know how he’s progressing and whether he is likely to push for some appearances this year? (Obviously we’d need some more experienced players too)

Really don't get the clamour for Zinchenko. We need a box to box midfielder who will get double figures (in the mould of Gallagher) and we need a ball retaining destroyer (in the mould of Gana). Zinchenko is neither of these. He's also never played midfield in the Premier League and there's people who want to pay £30million for him? Only thing he has going for him is his winning mentality, but Delph had that?

We need all types of midfielders, the current collection is abysmal

Except Gallagher doesn’t get double figures and I actually can’t think of a box to box midfielder that does get those numbers. Are you expecting us to be bringing in a Yaya Toure or a prime Frank Lampard? What a bizarre bar to set.

You are right on what we need, but he still romps into our midfield on his quality and leadership alone having seen him for Ukraine he can do a bit of both jobs.

I see little evidence of a "winning mentality". I see someone who plays occasionally for Manchester City. So did Jack Rodwell. Every time I see Zinchenko play, I see a weak link in City's side and somebody trying to do too much for his national team. I also see somebody who seems either on the verge of tears or self-combustion.

We keep going on about how we need to go for young hungry players. Yet here we are considering another reject from the upper echelons of the league.

Is he better than what we have in our midfield? Yes. But that's not a high barrier to set. We need to do better with recruitment than this.

I see little evidence of a "winning mentality". I see someone who plays occasionally for Manchester City. So did Jack Rodwell. Every time I see Zinchenko play, I see a weak link in City's side and somebody trying to do too much for his national team. I also see somebody who seems either on the verge of tears or self-combustion.

We keep going on about how we need to go for young hungry players. Yet here we are considering another reject from the upper echelons of the league.

Is he better than what we have in our midfield? Yes. But that's not a high barrier to set. We need to do better with recruitment than this.
It's difficulty when your recruitment team is only interested in relegated players and top 6 rejects.

The first requirement is a defensive destroyer. I know we need more, but if we don’t shift anyone, it probably won’t happen.

Defensive Midfielder, then a more expansive player.

If we can replace Delph with similar quality, but someone who actually stays fit then we are already significantly better than last season.

We would have an extra competent defender who stays fit and an extra midfielder who stays fit and does a job.

I know more is required, but realistically, not much will happen until Richie goes.

Except Gallagher doesn’t get double figures and I actually can’t think of a box to box midfielder that does get those numbers. Are you expecting us to be bringing in a Yaya Toure or a prime Frank Lampard? What a bizarre bar to set.
Agree, plus do the football manager wizs on here not think Frank knows what we need in midfield because he might know a thing or 2 about that particular discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.