2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how you grow up playing and you're taught to close down players specifically so they can't get shots through at the keeper. It's pretty much an accepted way to play universally.

Then I'll come in and say relying on the keeper to make saves a good way to play and it's all "no!!!! That's what their job is" even though everyone has always played trying to not let that happen. Why would the manager want different?
Why have you convinced yourself relying on Pickford is some kind of tactic that FL is specifically employing? We had a a terrible defence, with a porous midfield. But had a keeper in good form.

Lampard made a good few mistakes. But he also shored up when we needed to with VERY limited midfield options.

Why have you convinced yourself relying on Pickford is some kind of tactic that FL is specifically employing? We had a a terrible defence, with a porous midfield. But had a keeper in good form.

Lampard made a good few mistakes. But he also shored up when we needed to with VERY limited midfield options.
No that's not what I'm saying. It's more that when you're tactics are working right you aren't asking him to make many saves.

No that's not what I'm saying. It's more that when you're tactics are working right you aren't asking him to make many saves.
With so few midfield options, a team bereft of confidence and less than half a season of games: you're being unnecessarily critical here.

After the Spurs game and particularly the Burnley game, fans were begging him to be more pragmatic, there were real risks at play, it was clearly the clever move, at the time I wondered could he set us up that way, he did, he did it very well. Better than I expected.

There are many ways to play football, to be honest, we look a far better team, playing containment and counter attacking. We looked far more dangerous then in three quarters of the season. Have to say the team looked very well coached.

His instincts are different though and I’m curious to see an evolution, I think tha5 evolution in akin to turning an oil tanker around on a limited budget, it’s a massively tough job, but your know I think he’s going to have a go at it.

With a season ahead it’s like unspoiled snow to explore, the risk and context in now different and I’m really curious to see how he takes it on.

Absolutely critical though, we can’t change him, if there is a football club in the world that needs continuity in building and team evolution and stability it’s us. Suggesting anything else isn’t in Evertons best interests.

I think we have the 12th to 14th best squad so with the best management maybe 9th?
You were claiming a few days ago that we were a bottom quarter team, so bottom 5 (16-20) which is where we finished. But you now think the squad is 12th best.

You also claimed that our better players are 10th place standard. So what, 3 players who are good enough for 10th. The rest, are worse than that, and as you've already said, bottom quarter standard.

Yet now you are saying with the best management, 9th. Yet you have already stated that none of our players, even our best ones are good enough for that. (Pickford, richie and dcl, and you don't like pickford anyway)

Make no mistake we are a bottom third or maybe even bottom quarter of the league side at the minute and a solid 12th would be a nice season so long as it is coupled with building for the following seasons

I said the better players are 10th place. That's not the whole squad.

You were claiming a few days ago that we were a bottom quarter team, so bottom 5 (16-20) which is where we finished. But you now think the squad is 12th best.

You also claimed that our better players are 10th place standard. So what, 3 players who are good enough for 10th. The rest, are worse than that, and as you've already said, bottom quarter standard.

Yet now you are saying with the best management, 9th. Yet you have already stated that none of our players, even our best ones are good enough for that. (Pickford, richie and dcl, and you don't like pickford anyway)
Yeah with a manager who can elevate the squad we could finish a few places higher. I'm not sure what's confusing about that?

For the record I have my own reservations. But I am quietly hopeful of some improvements next season. From his coaching/selections too, some of which did raise my eyebrows last season. But safety has gained him a significant amount of credit in the bank.
He's just not done anything for me to give him the benefit of the doubt yet.

The exact quote is bottom third to bottom quarter which is 12th to 15th. Sorry for being slightly off.
No it wasn't the exact quote which I've already quoted just above. It was bottom third, (14-20) or maybe even bottom quarter (16-20). It wasnt "bottom third to bottom quarter".

Bottom third doesn't even fit your current suggestion that it could be 12th place standard anyway. As that would be 9 teams in the bottom third.

It's fine to be sensationalist about things, but it makes your arguments lack credibility.

But take the saves he made against Chelsea.

Your completely taking the element of surprise out of your weird theory.

Mount takes a shot edge of the box, hits the inside of the post, rolls across line, Pickford runs across and makes a worldy save. From the corner, ends up at the far stick and he makes a great save with his face. Bobbles, deflections, bounces happen in the box and then you rely on your keeper.

Your posts are actually stupid btw, I mean that genuinely as well. You have such an unhinged theory on football that takes away the element of surprise, passion, skill, pressure, mistakes, great teams against crap teams....you basically dilute all the great things that make us addicted to football as if it should be some serene pretty on the eye everyone's a winner baby kind of football.

You don't make any sense at all with anything which pretty much makes what you post redundant. There's no need to reply either, I'm sure your a top person and I certainly don't want to fall out with you and I'm always happy to go back and forth with genuine opinions which can be understood. But your chatting 100% stupid so it's impossible from here on in for me to have a proper chat with you about Lampard.

No it wasn't the exact quote which I've already quoted just above. It was bottom third, (14-20) or maybe even bottom quarter (16-20). It wasnt "bottom third to bottom quarter".

Bottom third doesn't even fit your current suggestion that it could be 12th place standard anyway. As that would be 9 teams in the bottom third.

It's fine to be sensationalist about things, but it makes your arguments lack credibility.
No mate, I just don't have everything written down all the time. We're basically arguing about whether or not one place difference matters. It's silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.