Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are terrified of taking risks. God forbid we sign a relatively unknown player from Belgium or France for example for £15m that turns out to be worth £60m in a year or two.

It's all safety first but the problem there is that it's massively inhibiting. They know what Winks offers, which in my opinion is next to nothing, but somehow this type of signing always trumps the unknown quantity.

If he doesn't come with a sicknote then he might be part of a group that gets us from 16th to 14th, but problems and all we still don't have to accept that as a given. We can and should do better. There is little chance of resale value here, and complete anathema to the "Buy low, sell high and reinvest" strategy that should be so central that everyone in player recruitment is indoctrinated with it to the point of exhaustion.

It's a black mark against both Thelwell and Lampard as I see it if Winks is considered the best we can do. It tells us to expect little more than more of the same.

Sometimes the biggest risk is not taking a risk.

Hard to have faith in remotely anything decent next season. Our recruitment team have absolutely zero creativity. Which suits us well as that is what our midfield are going to have next season.

Could be worse I suppose.

1655935634022.png

Richarlison and Winks exchange with inflated prices, maybe? We sell Richarlison for 75, we buy Winks for 25. They would help us with FFP, we would get a player Lampard wants and makes some sense for us, they would get their target. We quickly use the money to buy Zinchenko and Lewis-Potter to improve the team?

Richarlison and Winks exchange with inflated prices, maybe? We sell Richarlison for 75, we buy Winks for 25. They would help us with FFP, we would get a player Lampard wants and makes some sense for us, they would get their target. We quickly use the money to buy Zinchenko and Lewis-Potter to improve the team?
What do Spurs gain from inflating the Richarlison deal?

The Premier League proven players have performed VASTLY better than the no mark League players we have brought in, take any period of time.

The problem isnt WHERE we are buying the players, the problem is the players we are buying.

Baffles me how people dont get this.
I agree. But buying players from the PL is all but assured to not fix the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.