2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get it. That piece that came out about him a couple of months ago said that he's like that because he doesn't feel like he's contributed to the team until he's scored. He's apparently always been like that and it's a great attitude to have.

How anyone questions his commitment or attitude is mental to me. I can only assume its a defence mechanism to make the blow of him leaving impact less.

I said a few weeks ago when the spurs interest came up. Conte is the sort of manager that demands that attitude. The fact Conte see's it says a lot.

You have to get in a routine of sell to buy, it’s the only financially viable method to use sadly.

It’s worked well for a few teams, namely, Leicester.

I love Richarlison, sadly we squandered so much money, we probably will have to cash in, to improve the areas we’re weakest in.

When you consider the money we’ve lost, as in haven’t even recouped a penny of Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Tosun, Schneiderlin (£20m loss), it’s sad we can’t hold on to some of our star names.

You have to get in a routine of sell to buy, it’s the only financially viable method to use sadly.

It’s worked well for a few teams, namely, Leicester.

I love Richarlison, sadly we squandered so much money, we probably will have to cash in, to improve the areas we’re weakest in.

When you consider the money we’ve lost, as in haven’t even recouped a penny of Sigurdsson, Bolasie, Tosun, Schneiderlin (£20m loss), it’s sad we can’t hold on to some of our star names.
When you actually get enough talent to compete then maybe shift and go all in trying to win for a few years. We are definitely not there.

When you actually get enough talent to compete then maybe shift and go all in trying to win for a few years. We are definitely not there.

Just have to get frustrated at the money squandered, sadly.

I look at Leicester, and when we were taken over, they went places like France and took Mahrez, Kante to name a few and bought them for peanuts.

You have to buy potential, because that’s where profit exists. Look at Leeds with Raphinha, Aaronson, Rica.
Brighton with the South Americans, Bissouma, Cucurella…

We just had a scattergun approach with no plan, it was short term, and backfired.

We should be 5 years into a plan to get us near Europe every season, instead, we’ve blown extortionate money, and can’t shift the hefty wages we still have, and the ones gone have left with significant losses.

Our best players? I can only speak for myself, but I've been advocating for us to sell ALL our players for quite some time now.
All season long this place was shouting in near unison that our entire squad was crap and that we needed a complete overhaul. A few weeks later it appears many have lost their nerve.

A squad that barely averaged a point per game all season long apparently has unsellable players...do me a favour.

Just have to get frustrated at the money squandered, sadly.

I look at Leicester, and when we were taken over, they went places like France and took Mahrez, Kante to name a few and bought them for peanuts.

You have to buy potential, because that’s where profit exists. Look at Leeds with Raphinha, Aaronson, Rica.
Brighton with the South Americans, Bissouma, Cucurella…

We just had a scattergun approach with no plan, it was short term, and backfired.

We should be 5 years into a plan to get us near Europe every season, instead, we’ve blown extortionate money, and can’t shift the hefty wages we still have, and the ones gone have left with significant losses.
It is concerning at the moment that ,if we give any credence to current rumours ,we appear to be making the same mistakes once again in pursuing players already present in the PL.
This means high purchase costs , equally high and ruinous wage bills and ,in some cases , players who will not improve and instead ultimately become a burden
We seriously have to invest in some competent scouts because at present I question whether we actually have any at all.

It is concerning at the moment that ,if we give any credence to current rumours ,we appear to be making the same mistakes once again in pursuing players already present in the PL.
This means high purchase costs , equally high and ruinous wage bills and ,in some cases , players who will not improve and instead ultimately become a burden
We seriously have to invest in some competent scouts because at present I question whether we actually have any at all.
Hopefully it’s lazy journos just rehashing stories but then it’s Everton

All season long this place was shouting in near unison that our entire squad was crap and that we needed a complete overhaul. A few weeks later it appears many have lost their nerve.

A squad that barely averaged a point per game all season long apparently has unsellable players...do me a favour.
And it's been utterly predictable.

There is no discussion to be had if a club offers 60m for Richarlison. Unless two do. He has a value, just as everyone else has. The sad thing for his fans is that even if we truly wanted to keep him, most of his team-mates have a value close to zero for buying clubs, so Richarlison represents one of the few saleable assets that we have. Without a good recruitment policy, we cannot improve. Obviously, there is no guarantee these clowns will reinvest wisely, but stasis is an absolutely untenable position. We must learn to sell our players at peak value. We are not Bayern Munich, who could potentially take a "hit" on, say, Lewandowski and force him to stay. Even if he refused to kick a ball for them in retaliation, they would still win their league.

Every player has a price. Most of ours are, essentially, free.

Be interesting to see how much more protection he gets from the refs after he moves to Chelsea or Spurs. All those calls he didn’t get the last couple of seasons will magically be given and cards will be dished out after the 3rd offense instead of the 9th.

Be interesting to see how much more protection he gets from the refs after he moves to Chelsea or Spurs. All those calls he didn’t get the last couple of seasons will magically be given and cards will be dished out after the 3rd offense instead of the 9th.
Not sure he'll be targeted in the same way

I would suspect we see a bid in the next few days. Possibly Chelsea now Rom is out on loan. The only thing which may change things is if Juve try to buy Keane now and not next summer, that may put less pressure on us to sell. I don’t want to see this fella leave but if he does stay in the prem I would prefer Chelsea over spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.