The Everton Board Thread

Someone who can gain more than 4 points away and attack a god awful Watford team would be good
The way some act , Lampard performed miracles. He clearly didn't.

He did well though. Assembled what looks like a decent backroom staff, deffo connected with the club and the fans, and the players played for him.

Not sure what more he could have done, other than win another away game apparently.

Someone who can gain more than 4 points away and attack a god awful Watford team would be good
For the sake of argument what is the rough profile of the type of manager you would appoint in preference to Lampard at this point in time.?
(You don’t have to name names, but if you do they may be used against you when in future debate)

You ask did he show promise, yes, the away win at Leicester, the Chelsea win, coming back from 2-0 against Palace, all positive signs.

Was it a miracle to keep us up? No, we had plenty of games and it should have been easier, but he took over a team with 1 win in 14, a team missing its star striker and coped with injuries every week.

Most Premier League managers last 18months before they get sacked, on average, so if you guessed, you could easily say that Lampard will fail here and you would be most likely right. Thats all the negative nancies like you do, they play the odds.

Me, im willing to give him a transfer window, a preseason, see if he can do something here, if not, oh well, we sack him and go again.

But I dont understand why people cant just give him a fair crack.

But we need to become good book keepers in order to be allowed to spend loads again don’t we? We’ve already pissed a fortune up the wall, clearly money alone isn’t the answer to our problems.
Money would of been the answer if we hadn’t spent 70 million on Rooney, Klassen and Sigi

For the sake of argument what is the rough profile of the type of manager you would appoint in preference to Lampard at this point in time.?
(You don’t have to name names, but if you do they may be used against you when in future debate)

No never use names. That's a rookie mistake.
A young forward thinking manager who has stamped a mark or shown promise elsewhere. I don't believe employing the YTS who failed at his previous jobs should be considered

Not quite sure of the final points split. I don't think was much more for Lampard was it

Doesn’t matter does it? He came in midway through the season, none of his own players, no pre season, absolute bucket load of injuries, complete turmoil at board level. Benitez was given a clean slate in the summer to do as he pleased and absolutely ripped through the club. Please apply context.

…yep, I think Lampard has left a lot to be desired and he could come under pressure next season. It could be difficult.

The major plus is we have a manager who seems happy to work with others in the club and not against them. That could make the big difference between mid-table and relegation.

You know I think it could be a bigger risk of him going back to Chelsea, if he stabilises us, does a decent job and Chelsea deplete post Roman, I can see that regime coming back in for a “fan favourite” if they come under pressure.