The Everton Board Thread

No never use names. That's a rookie mistake.
A young forward thinking manager who has stamped a mark or shown promise elsewhere. I don't believe employing the YTS who failed at his previous jobs should be considered
Don’t disagree with the profile.
But looking at the shortlist the board were presented with no young forward thinking managers fancied the job.
Truth is that ,unless you are a top six club , the quality of applicants declines as the amount of dismissed managers ascends.
Few will risk their reputation on an increasingly disrupted ,habitually mid table club.

You ask did he show promise, yes, the away win at Leicester, the Chelsea win, coming back from 2-0 against Palace, all positive signs.

Was it a miracle to keep us up? No, we had plenty of games and it should have been easier, but he took over a team with 1 win in 14, a team missing its star striker and coped with injuries every week.

Most Premier League managers last 18months before they get sacked, on average, so if you guessed, you could easily say that Lampard will fail here and you would be most likely right. Thats all the negative nancies like you do, they play the odds.

Me, im willing to give him a transfer window, a preseason, see if he can do something here, if not, oh well, we sack him and go again.

But I dont understand why people cant just give him a fair crack.

You are glossing over a lot of failings. It was a miracle we beat Chelsea, some of the saves made that game were right of Southalls play book.
First half against Palace was an absolute embarrassment, especially with a team battling relegation.

For the record I didn't say sack him, I said I would barely raise an eyebrow. The way some speak about him, Mike suggesting we riot or words to that effect if he was sacked is absolutely embarrassing

...the Benitez factor was the main reason we ended up in a relegation fight.

An Everton team even with a lot of injuries could be expected to get more than the 21 or so we got in the period he was here. The club was torn asunder with opposition to him and it made itself felt in performances.
Well who'd have guessed that appointing Benitez would end badly? Oh yeah most of us, present company excepted.

Doesn’t matter does it? He came in midway through the season, none of his own players, no pre season, absolute bucket load of injuries, complete turmoil at board level. Benitez was given a clean slate in the summer to do as he pleased and absolutely ripped through the club. Please apply context.

Think it does matter in the context of your perceived point. Had the fans massively on his side which wasn't there for the other guy and did he perform much better? Answer no

Think it does matter in the context of your perceived point. Had the fans massively on his side which wasn't there for the other guy and did he perform much better? Answer no

But “the other guy” had all of the benefits I just reeled off above to cancel that out. Pre-season, his own players, access to James and Digne which Lampard didn’t have. Lampard performed far better than Benitez with the appropriate context in place.

You are glossing over a lot of failings. It was a miracle we beat Chelsea, some of the saves made that game were right of Southalls play book.
First half against Palace was an absolute embarrassment, especially with a team battling relegation.

For the record I didn't say sack him, I said I would barely raise an eyebrow. The way some speak about him, Mike suggesting we riot or words to that effect if he was sacked is absolutely embarrassing
I am just very thankful we appointed him at this point if I'm being honest. He made some mistakes, but he learned quickly and made some key in game changes.

We all know the alternatives were Vitor Pereira or Roberto Martinez in a job-share. Just truly unbelievable incompetence by Moshiri. We should be thanking our lucky stars that we fired Benitez before we were already off the cliff (it was very, very close) and ended up hiring Lampard. Personally I think it's safe to say that the fan response would not have been quite the same with either of those two. If you believe otherwise, fine, but ignoring Lampard's contribution to that fan response is misguided. He's passionate about the club and it's what this fanbase deserves. It's not a prerequisite for the job, but are you surprised that it's making us fond of him?

What you unsure about @davek? You literally just said right there in black and white that the presence of Benitez nearly got us relegated. Are you about to defend Moshiri’s decision to bring him in here? Go on I dare you.
I dont commend him for it and neither do I support the self administred harm done to the club by the crisis atmosphere that a lot of fans created.

The board and those fans between them almost cratered this club for decades, and that wont be forgotten or forgiven.

Absolutely ridiculous scaremongering

Amazing watching him simp over Tory Fronk whilst admitting he couldn't stand/support our last 6 managers lol

Lampard deserves the whole of next season to be properly judged on his own team that he can hopefully build this summer but the hero worship is cringe.

I could understand it with Carlo and Raffa with their trophy laden CV's but nothing to suggest Lampard is the man to take us forward anymore than the fist pumping galoot Big Dunc. Both lovely blokes who seem to get the club but that only takes you so far.

Lets see what happens next season.

I dont commend him for it and neither do I support the self administred harm done to the club by the crisis atmosphere that a lot of fans created.

The board and those fans between them almost cratered this club for decades, and that wont be forgotten or forgiven.
...the Benitez factor was the main reason we ended up in a relegation fight.

You said it Dave.