Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so I understand what you are saying, the state of our midfield means you`d only play 2 in there?

?

Look at our results, worst ones have been 3-4-3/5-2-3 and the best have been 4-3-3, absolutely should say it all.
It would need to be committed to and drilled in preseason. If you play a midfield 3 that might contain one of Gomes, Winks or Davies then it might as well be a 2. At least with the back 3 you will have the extra protection. Both Godfrey and Holgate are serviceable defenders in a back 3. A back 3 would also bring Patterson into play although it would be less ideal for Myko but I am sure he could adapt.

….perhaps because he only played 24 league games and they finished bottom. He’s played 58 games whilst in this country and never scored a goal, 15 for Scotland and never scored a goal.

73 games in open-age football without a goal might indicate he struggles outside of age-restriction.

I'd still take both Gilmour and Ampadu if the cost was low mate.

Both have a huge ceiling if they click

It would need to be committed to and drilled in preseason. If you play a midfield 3 that might contain one of Gomes, Winks or Davies then it might as well be a 2. At least with the back 3 you will have the extra protection. Both Godfrey and Holgate are serviceable defenders in a back 3. A back 3 would also bring Patterson into play although it would be less ideal for Myko but I am sure he could adapt.
Too many times last season we played with a 2 and we were very passive, obv we were outnumbered in the centre of the park. Yes we will have 3 CBs but by time a team has bypassed your midfield to the point your CBs HAVE TO STEP OUT you are in trouble and they are within shooting distance.

Well people are claiming he was awful for them. I fail to understand how they’d know.
He wasn’t good for them though, doesn’t mean he’ll be a bad signing for us though. Literally all of their players were poor or worse last season

My questions would be:

1. Was he available for 38 games.
2. Gana.

…the first question is important, it would be a concern if he was available and not getting selected for Norwich. I have no idea how often he was on the bench.

Gana‘s stats in other aspects were always very good (tackling, interceptions), not sure how they compare with Gilmour.

…the first question is important, it would be a concern if he was available and not getting selected for Norwich. I have no idea how often he was on the bench.

Gana‘s stats in other aspects were always very good (tackling, interceptions), not sure how they compare with Gilmour.

Eggs, not sure on Gana would seem did not excel at his team.

TBH we seem to be linked with so many names on the rumour sites lost track who we are really trying to sign.

Original manager dropped him - also had an ankle injury around Christmas time, new manager played him. Overall was a terrible place to loan him given their style of play.

He needs to be in a system where they have possession tbh.

Eggs, not sure on Gana would seem did not excel at his team.

TBH we seem to be linked with so many names on the rumour sites lost track who we are really trying to sign.

Having a player whose strengths is taking it from the defence and progressing it upfield only works if the defence doesn't hoof it clear, and if you actually have options in front of you when you receive it.

It's why us adding him would be mental unless it's part of a complete midfield overhaul.

I wasn’t comparing them as players - I was alluding to being a midfielder for a relegated team doesn’t mean much.

Too many times last season we played with a 2 and we were very passive, obv we were outnumbered in the centre of the park. Yes we will have 3 CBs but by time a team has bypassed your midfield to the point your CBs HAVE TO STEP OUT you are in trouble and they are within shooting distance.
I would like to play 433 or 4231 if we had the players to do it. Right now we don’t. A back 4 right now would mean another season of Coleman at right back and Keane partnering Tarkowski at CB. For a 433 the way Lampard want to play you need a disciplined 6 which we don’t have. For a 4231 you needed a 10 which we don’t have. We are very unbalanced and devoid of creativity. This chap describes it quite well in their video

But how do people know without watching them…
Maybe people have? I only saw a few, but family members and most friends support them who didn’t have much good to say about him. I doubt there’s much positivity about his loan spell online anywhere. But hard to tell as they were a shambles all season

Status
Not open for further replies.