Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyones entitled to their opinion.

Bad attitude and turned up for 2.5 months last season at centre forward.

Not for me.
I appreciate the concern over his discipline , but there have been some rational explanations for some of the incidents, whether true or not.
I don’t think there can be any doubt over his talent,
He’s a forward and is comfortable across the front 3 and also performs well from midfield.
At 25 he’s a decent age.
His goals and assists are directly comparable with Richarlison.
We need someone who will provide good cover for Calvert - Lewin as well as replace Richarlison and this lad fits the bill handsomely.
I actually think he could surpass Richarlison if he can rise to the challenge.
All this for a relatively meagre £20m.
If he’s available and interested I think we’d be extremely foolish to pass him up.
But as you say it’s all subjective.

The thing with Eriksen is he's literally gone through life and death, and his priorities might have changed significantly from what they were. He may look at us and know he'll play week in week out, can he say that with united or Tottenham? I'd say no he's likely to be on the bench quite a lot. On the other hand he might have only just stopped laughing after being told we're interested.

If playing week in week out is his main priority I would stay at Brentford if I was him. In hindsight it was a genius move but was a massive gamble on their part

Wat?

If he’s turning down United, then what the merry hell have we offered for him to even consider?

Longer contract, more important role, maybe he's best mates with Dele, maybe he looks up to Lampard and wants to work with him, could be any reason mate

Unlikely but Tarkowski and him both on frees would fix massively two huge weak parts of the team from last season.

Longer contract, more important role, maybe he's best mates with Dele, maybe he looks up to Lampard and wants to work with him, could be any reason mate

Unlikely but Tarkowski and him both on frees would fix massively two huge weak parts of the team from last season.
Honestly, I’d be utterly astounded if he came here. Delighted, obviously, but astounded.

Brentford will never pay him as much as we could.
That’d be the only glimmer of chance. If he prioritizes playing time over everything we could offer more than Brentford. But if teams like West Ham, Villa, Leicester want to get involved we don’t really stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.