Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winks loan to buy better be an option not an obligation

There's always the chance we're asking for a loan with no loan fee (or at least a small one) in 22/23 but making it obligatory to buy him in 23/24 - would push his transfer fee into a new FFP cycle (post-Covid) and there's no amortisation cost for Spurs because he came through their academy

I'm probably miles off there, but I could imagine us looking at that and thinking Spurs might go for it - would all depend on what their cash flow and FFP situation is

yes……
Player incoming wise not so much richarlison leaving
Look at the players though. None of those fill me with confidence that we would be any better than last year. I know the argument is who do we expect to get considering our position but the scouting team needs to pull out their fingers and find some hidden gems rather than the same old route that has got us where we are now with overpaid, average footballers that have not done anything in the PL already.

If this indeed does come to fruition i lose all hope, i honestly do as I thought even with limited funds, with Lampard and Thelwell in, we would see a change of tactic and not continuously go down this same road that has gotten us into this situation and yet expect a different outcome. It makes me think that there is something seriously wrong at the core of the club. I can take the odd signing which doesn't work out but when its continual and we do not learn, then that is at best neglectful.

Yes, more to do wth the fact the the new manager wants him from his previous club, implyig that he must rate him highly. Ignore Rondon/benitez comparison
Martinez brought robles, alcatraz and kone with him.

Moyes took 20 of our former players to Sunderland.

Koeman brought martina.

Managers rating their former players, are potentially just the players that sucked up most to them.

It's also Dutch league, which we have seen numerous players leave for the PL and fail to make an impact. If that's the case, I hope they get him.

Martinez brought robles, alcatraz and kone with him.

Moyes took 20 of our former players to Sunderland.

Koeman brought martina.

Managers rating their former players, are potentially just the players that sucked up most to them.

It's also Dutch league, which we have seen numerous players leave for the PL and fail to make an impact.
That is all very (depressingly) true.

Moyes actually did us one last favour there, £13 mil for Rodwell for instance.

There's always the chance we're asking for a loan with no loan fee (or at least a small one) in 22/23 but making it obligatory to buy him in 23/24 - would push his transfer fee into a new FFP cycle (post-Covid) and there's no amortisation cost for Spurs because he came through their academy

I'm probably miles off there, but I could imagine us looking at that and thinking Spurs might go for it - would all depend on what their cash flow and FFP situation is
I'd go for a no obligation loan, or you can keep him.

Spurs want him off their books, and we don't want to be in the Juventus "obligation to buy" position if he turns out to be Tom Cleverley in disguise.

They also still want to buy Richey, and with Chelsea interested, they face missing out to a rival through trying to haggle with us over a player they don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.