Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennis

= 2 goals before our game 23rd October

= 2 goals after 1st Jan.

Played most games at centre forward

Absolutely dreadful scored 5
Richarlison only scored 5 for Watford the season before we signed him and the last one was against us on Bonfire night. Plus this lad will only cost £18m compared to Richarlison’s massive fee.

However, I don’t think we’re actually in for this lad.

…perhaps the Richarlison replacement.

Can slot, but where he differs from Richarlison is that he looks up and is more creative. He already bagged 6 assists in that terrible Watford side which is no mean feat, but looking at that video it could and probably should have been more. Done some brilliant work in and around the box to lay chances on a plate that the Watford players somehow fluffed.

Could have written almost that exact post about the last player we signed from Watford.

I get Zats point, and everyone is welcome to his opinion. The issue with it is, that if he scored at the consistent rate he did at his "purple patch" (where he scored 1 in 2 and got 4 assists) over say a 25 game period, not a 14 game period, he would be out of our price range/not interested in the move.

That would make him a 15 league goal wide striker.

DCL scores in patches, so does Richarlison. Most players do.

I have worries about his attitude, and whether it's a one season wonder, but honestly st our level, we will have to accept patchy players.

Danjuma got a £38 mil release clause at Villarreal apparently, I think he’d be an ace Richarlison replacement if it was possible. West Ham supposed to be interested, a much more attractive proposition than us at the moment sadly.
Didn’t they get him from Bournemouth for a fraction of that? Would be great to be able to identify talent at a reasonable price rather than get rinsed time and again.

I get Zats point, and everyone is welcome to his opinion. The issue with it is, that if he scored at the consistent rate he did at his "purple patch" (where he scored 1 in 2 and got 4 assists) over say a 25 game period, not a 14 game period, he would be out of our price range/not interested in the move.

That would make him a 15 league goal wide striker.

DCL scores in patches, so does Richarlison. Most players do.

I have worries about his attitude, and whether it's a one season wonder, but honestly st our level, we will have to accept patchy players.

Thats the main worry but then again every signing is a risk.

We all thought signing Sandro for £5 millions was a bargain after he netted 14 goals in La Liga and look what happened there.

He played for Watford to be fair,
You also have to factor in that he played from January onwards under Roy Hodgson! Old Roy’s plan was to first and foremost try and keep clean sheets. The attacking side of Watford’s play simply didn’t exist in the second half of the season. Just ask that Louorns fella on Twitter. None of the attacking players were given any chance to express themselves at all. Little wonder he lost interest in the end.

Thats the main worry but then again every signing is a risk.

We all thought signing Sandro for £5 millions was a bargain after he netted 14 goals in La Liga and look what happened there.

Sandro is probably an example of the concern we have for a 1 season wonder. The risk is averted a bit by the fact the 1 season is in the PL.

But that's why Dennis is likely to be about 30-40% of the price of Richarlison.

Status
Not open for further replies.