2022/2023 Kit Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we the only team in the league, bar the promoted teams, with no sleeve sponsors still?
I believe so. It’s beyond gross incompetence that club in a perilous financial situation like ours, went an entire season with no sleeve sponsorship.

Feels like every year I'm wondering why they are so useless with the kit,

I recall Elstone saying it's about what position you are in the queue...

You could buy our neighbours new kit the first week of May.

Honestly, this club is destined to be doomed until the charlatans in the board room are booted out.
Yeah it’s a joke you see all the little young kopites running round with there kits. while all the young blues just have to wait. It’s a constant thing with this club does my head in.

Honestly, this club is destined to be doomed until the charlatans in the board room are booted out.

Its awful mate, the wait is stupid, and the fact we are about to hit July when most kids have their kit ready for their hols, and its still not been revealed is a joke.
They best reveal it and say that you can order it that second for delivery.

Did I imagine that one season we were so late with the away kit we had to wear the previous season’s away kit for a game?

I believe so. It’s beyond gross incompetence that club in a perilous financial situation like ours, went an entire season with no sleeve sponsorship.

I could be wrong but I think there was a rumour that it was due to an accounting ploy, basically we could write off some covid losses of a sleeve sponsor that we therefore couldn’t have at a certain value. Obviously us then securing a sleeve sponsor for a lot lower would throw that into jeopardy so it’s beneficial for us to not have any sponsor for last season.

Made no sense to me

Isn’t this just about the Cazoo deal? Officially the deal with them runs to the end of June, so the club can’t launch a new kit till then? I agree that if this is the case we should set future contracts so that they end in May, when the season ends.
I can’t believe it’s down to the queue thing, that would only make sense if it was announced, but not released due to lack of stock.

Did I imagine that one season we were so late with the away kit we had to wear the previous season’s away kit for a game?

We had a Home and Away Kit launched, but both clashed with Palace, so we wore a previous years, predominantly white, away kit because the 3rd kit wasn’t out yet. It was the 19/20 season, so we had the coral away kit and apparently this was too similar to the palace home red and blue. When the 3rd kit launched it was dark blue, so may not have helped anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.