2022/2023 Kit Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellaini was so good, weird that nobody ever talks about him! Grass wasn’t greener at OT.
Hubris (or a greedy agent) so often takes a decent player shining in a good team to beingva but part bench warmer at a sky brand yo be handed a limp of metal on a ribbon.

I'd rather have the chance to play an important part every week if it were my choice - butvthen I don't have an agent breathing down my neck hoping for a hefty ill-earned middleman slice.

So it looks like the logo will have the '.com' on it after all. Was kinda hoping it wouldn't, although I guess that's a pretty minor nitpick.

It's not nitpicking at all...the sponsor can make or break a kit...I really feel no matter how good the new hummel design is, it's gonna be ruined by this horrible sponsor

If Stake.com are offering us 30m more than the next option, fair enough, but if not i wish the club with considered how the branding will look on the shirt before picking a sponsor

That is horrible. Can't imagine it will be going down well with their fans getting rid of the stripes. It's a pure white back as well.

Edit. Just peeked at one of their forums and most seem to like it.
Its like the reverse of their iconic strip of the 80s which i liked. They reprised it a few years ago (obs not as good as it was cluttered with visual litter ads).

Your average football fan is likely to own something made by Adidas or Nike. They are significantly less likely to own something made by Hummel, Castore or even Puma.

Adidas and Nike rule the sportswear world, and it's because of their brand cachet, not their designs or quality.

Adidas kits, in particular, are hilariously formulaic - and have been for generations.
Adidas rarely do anything unpleasant - and they are also imaginative (within the confines of team colours). Nike rarely do anything that looks different from either lazy or designed by a rabid 12 year old sexually repressed arts hopeful..

Adidas rarely do anything unpleasant - and they are also imaginative (within the confines of team colours). Nike rarely do anything that looks different from either lazy or designed by a rabid 12 year old sexually repressed arts hopeful..
Adidas are the very definition of dull. All you see when you look at any of their shirts are the stripes on the arms. Their branding batters the club’s into submission.

Adidas are the very definition of dull. All you see when you look at any of their shirts are the stripes on the arms. Their branding batters the club’s into submission.
Yeah ... but the three stripes are a classic aesthetic - although I see how it could limit their design. I like it. I get annoyed with badges on the sleeve getting in the way.

Have you two got an ultra powerful telescope or something? Because I can’t see enough to say whether I like it or not.

How can you judge the looks of something you can hardly see?
I can see the sponsor and me no like. Surely makes enough of a difference given it's the largest motif on the kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back