New Everton Stadium Discussion

So this takeover collapse….

it essentially means that there isn’t yet finding in place to finish the stadium? Or have I got that wrong?
You are correct. I've been asking the question since it started getting built, but nobody wants to answer it. We could easily end up with a half built stadium and a load of debt.

So this takeover collapse….

it essentially means that there isn’t yet finding in place to finish the stadium? Or have I got that wrong?
I think you’re wrong.
Guarantees have been given.
Laing Rourke seem very confident that this will continue to completion.
Unsurprisingly given the sanctioning of Usmanov , Moshiri would prefer investment to decrease his exposure somewhat.
But I do think it will be built regardless.

View attachment 172228View attachment 172229
One looks disgusting one doesn’t might be bigger (more imposing) but certainly a lot uglier. I know what one I would rather have.

I went past it the other week. Apart from the destruction of homes on the Walton Breck Road side you can see here (which I didn't know) that Anfield Road is broken in two as well as those lovely big homes fronting the park removed. How do they get away with it? We were vilified by heritage groups for building on
an empty derelect dock only scab tugboat men left.

Outside there is only one thing that comes to mind
Arnie.jpg

I think you’re wrong.
Guarantees have been given.
Laing Rourke seem very confident that this will continue to completion.
Unsurprisingly given the sanctioning of Usmanov , Moshiri would prefer investment to decrease his exposure somewhat.
But I do think it will be built regardless.
I think the guarantees are only over pricing to cover increasing costs. There is no funding model in place which is why moshiri is desperately looking for investment or to sell up. I wouldn't be over confident just yet. There is still a risk we end up like Valencia, with a half built stadium.

I went past it the other week. Apart from the destruction of homes on the Walton Breck Road side you can see here (which I didn't know) that Anfield Road is broken in two as well as those lovely big homes fronting the park removed. HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH IT? We were vilified by heritage groups for building on
an empty derelect dock only scab tugboat men left.

Outside there is only one thing that comes to mind
View attachment 172243
That's the enduring question. Probably easier finding an answer to the creation of the Universe

I think the guarantees are only over pricing to cover increasing costs. There is no funding model in place which is why moshiri is desperately looking for investment or to sell up. I wouldn't be over confident just yet. There is still a risk we end up like Valencia, with a half built stadium.

The stadium is the only thing attracting potential investors. The consortium were willing to make an outlay of £1billion, so there's interest.

Absolutely.
But I do feel that Moshiri could and would fund the stadium if no other option was available.
I work in construction and know people involved in the build. The construction industry gossips like any one else and at present the scuttlebutt is overwhelmingly confident this will be built.

Absolutely.
But I do feel that Moshiri could and would fund the stadium if no other option was available.
I work in construction and know people involved in the build. The construction industry gossips like any one else and at present the scuttlebutt is overwhelmingly confident this will be built.

People where overconfident it will be built about 7 years ago.