Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can definitely pick a forward pass mate, I’ve seen him split a defence. He has a low centre of gravity which means he has agility, mobility and quick motion above the norm and quick feet. he’s not a winger so doesn’t need blistering pace. He has speed of thought.

He’s a wonderful reader of the game, he can turn on the ball and transition any way, he speeds the game up or he can slow it down, he can play in triangles probing, or he can beak a line if its on.

I’ve no concerns about the lads talent, I'm more concerned that our players wouldn’t be up to his level of keeping possession.

If you have him at 6 and he’s pulling strings, you have to commit a player to pressure him from your engine room and that creates gaps.

He's pretty slow too, but cos of that centre of gravity and control he can turn then accelerate away fast which basically negates the lack of speed weaknesses.

Same way Gordon seems faster than he actually is due to his close control

Billy Gilmour doesn’t upgrade our midfield IMO. Allan and Doucoure both better.

Would it kill our scouting team to look further afield than players who’ve played in England ffs
Jesus Christ, Allans the most pointless 'alan' since Pardew done that stupid dance at Wembley, this is the guy that kept possession what twice? in the derby, cant run/tackle/head/pass or shoot.
Doucoure, imo unlike many on here, i think actually serves a purpose for us, again he needs more quality around him so he isnt the go to guy to try and create, but in comparison to Davies/Gomes/Onyango/Delph he's a million miles above.

My point is, that wasnt what he did at Everton.

You have changed on DCL more than once now. It started with cant play as a single striker, which he can. Then it was, he isnt good at dealing with long balls, and he is.

Now you're saying he needs a Richarlison to link with. Him and Richarlison, didnt really play that well together. He linked better with James and Digne. They are bigger misses. He should dovetail well with Gordon and Alli though, and hopefully Patterson/Mykolenko.

Our big question with him, Mina and others is how fit are they going to be.

If he plays and is fit, we will be fine. Losing Richarlison wont impact Dom much mate.
DCL may well have played as the most advanced of your forwards but he needed Richarlinson to link with him . The point is if he is isolated he doesn’t have the same skill set as Wood in terms of dealing from the wild clearances from the Burnley defence for me DCLs arieal ability is much more of an asset in or around the box.

If you can somehow unlock Alis potential then maybe but I really think you underestimate just how much Richarlinsons impact was

Yeh which is completely laced with national pride at a player you'll find many times over in Spain.
I said earlier that Gilmour is most probably best suited to Spanish football, because it’s more technical and less physical. But even in Spain there’s not many 20 year olds doing what Gilmour has done.

Chelsea extended his contract so they had the chance of enticing in some mug club to cough up cash for him.

Mate, I've seen this lad play like everyone else. Dont try and polish a turd. he is quite obvioulsy not good enough for any team who even have modest midtable aspirations...and he wasn't good enough for a team last season who could barely score a goal.

As I said earlier I don’t think he will improve your balance but if you are looking for a player who can play a pass, when not being physically challenged he is your man.

I said earlier that Gilmour is most probably best suited to Spanish football, because it’s more technical and less physical. But even in Spain there’s not many 20 year olds doing what Gilmour has done.
To be honest that's about right. He dictated the game against our shower. Zero physicality offered against him

Status
Not open for further replies.