Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as we need good ball players, sticking a 5’7 kid in what is by far our weakest area of the pitch doesn’t seem like the smartest move.

If he was bought in alongside another midfielder or 2, it could be a good signing, but this lad alone won’t fix our problems.
Agree but on loan he's definitely better at keeping the ball than most of our current lot. He would need to be alongside a physical DM though.

I think there probably are wires crossed alright.

I am saying that no successful team is built around any one player... with the possible exception of Messi, but then he had Iniesta, Xavi and Neymar with him when he was in his prime.

In my opinion the player fits into the team, rather than the other way around.

We need central midfielders that can defend, pass and control their area and at the moment we don't have one.
But, you build from the back and Tarkowski even in 45 minutes seemed to bring a solidity that we just have not had in some years.

We now need to address midfield and Gilmour could certainly play a role but I don't think he is the type of player we need most.

Finally, we do need to replace Richarlison because if we don't then I think we will be relying too heavily on Gordon.
Gray is inconsistent, Townsend injured and Iwobi is not a winger as we have seen.
Take McGinn from Villa and play him as a 2nd striker. That’s his best role, he’d do a good job for Everton.

Agree but on loan he's definitely better at keeping the ball than most of our current lot. He would need to be alongside a physical DM though.
I’d take him on loan with the view to spending more money beefing up the midfield. Otherwise it’s another season of 25% possession and scrapping at the wrong end of the table imo.

Just dont think he will fix any of the problems we have in midfield he could get better over the season. But in Gilmour maybe in the long term he can improve, honestly dont even think atm he is a better option than davies

Sounds like Scotland have a team full of quality players.

I look forward to seeing how they get on in the World Cup.
We do have good quality in some areas, but a mediocre manager.
McGinn is quality, and he’d jump at the chance to play as a 2nd striker or inside forward.
McGinn has one of the best scoring rates for Scotland in our history. Admittedly not against the greatest of opposition, but he’d cause most defenders in the Premiership problems.

Just dont think he will fix any of the problems we have in midfield he could get better over the season. But in Gilmour maybe in the long term he can improve, honestly dont even think atm he is a better option than davies
Different type of players, in my opinion.

Jesus Christ, Allans the most pointless 'alan' since Pardew done that stupid dance at Wembley, this is the guy that kept possession what twice? in the derby, cant run/tackle/head/pass or shoot.
Doucoure, imo unlike many on here, i think actually serves a purpose for us, again he needs more quality around him so he isnt the go to guy to try and create, but in comparison to Davies/Gomes/Onyango/Delph he's a million miles above.
Which is?

Obviously a consideration, the lads performances for Chelsea are there and at a high level for his age, given that and investment its the clever play.

You are into judgement now and that where we differ, his face doesn't fit at Chelsea at the moment, but if w are trying to turn the oil tanker around and Lampard implements a possession based philosophy like we suspect he might, this lad is of the highest quality that may be on the market. If we sack Lampard after three months and employ Sean Dyce, then Gilmour is utterly redundant id agree. Its weather we back this manager or not, because if he implements this style, Gilmour is an amazing addition.

Apart from that i trust my eye and this lad has incredible talent and a very high ceiling if developed right.

For me mate, I want the club to back Lampard for a long term rebuild, take the bumps along the way but full support.

In that regard if he wants a certain player because he knows and has got the best out of him, then back him.

It's why if he wants Gilmour - buy the lad, don't loan him, loan Pulisic if he wants him etc.

We've heavily backed managers who made zero connection with the club, ones who seemingly had little long term future like fat Sam and fat waiter. Now we have one whose gone balls deep with the supporters last season and clearly has ambition not seeing out a o
pay check, just back him

Obviously a consideration, the lads performances for Chelsea are there and at a high level for his age, given that and investment its the clever play.

You are into judgement now and that where we differ, his face doesn't fit at Chelsea at the moment, but if w are trying to turn the oil tanker around and Lampard implements a possession based philosophy like we suspect he might, this lad is of the highest quality that may be on the market. If we sack Lampard after three months and employ Sean Dyce, then Gilmour is utterly redundant id agree. Its weather we back this manager or not, because if he implements this style, Gilmour is an amazing addition.

Apart from that i trust my eye and this lad has incredible talent and a very high ceiling if developed right.
lol lol lol

Pull yourself together FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.