#27 Years/NSNOW/#AllTogetherNow Fan Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just stunned that any Everton fan can use the word “content” to describe their assessment of the board. On what level can you be content with what they, and we, are doing? That FAB lost all credibility the minute that interview was aired. And deep down he will know it too.

You mean like ordering the hot dogs and ale?

He's directly responsible for appointing the manager(s) and all of the senior staff. He's been directly involved in some transfers and interfered with others, directors of football have been undermined. So I'm not sure he does actually trust them to get on with the job, the key strategic decisions are on him. He seems to have been given a lot of leeway with the fans because of his bankrolling.
You're right, he is responsible for hiring and firing of all key positions.

The frustrating thing is he continues to overlook the exec that's been failing in various guises for over 20 years.

The clubs miserable performance in virtually every department is not on him. Replacing a continously failing exec team is on him. No amount of funding excuses him of that.

Point remains, he doesn't handle the day to day.

I’ve been busy today getting back from holiday could somebody kindly give me the succinct rundown on what happened today pretty please?

Not a whole lot it seems

There was a couple of hundred at the protest per reports I've seen and comments from those who went. Sky went to the protest and took some interviews, but not sure if they have been broadcast yet (if anyone knows they can clarify). They also organised an interview at the Liver building with the chair of the fan advisory board who said he had no issues with the current board. They gave him a live interview of a good 5 minutes.

Basically all I learned is that the fan board is a waste of time and serves no purpose. They lost all their credibility.

Not a whole lot it seems

There was a couple of hundred at the protest per reports I've seen and comments from those who went. Sky went to the protest and took some interviews, but not sure if they have been broadcast yet. They also organised an interview at the Liver building with the chair of the fan advisory board who said he had no issues with the current board. They gave him a live interview of a good 5 minutes.

Basically all I learned is that the fan board is a waste of time and serves no purpose. They lost all their credibility.
“We have no issues with the current board and I promise that isn’t just because they’ve got my face on the telly”

That mail from FAB and today's interview with Jazz, essentially means FAB are in the pockets of Everton and in my opinion do not speak on my behalf or many, many other fans.

A self appointed fan representation, even with a "legitimate" vote on its members needs to be unaligned with the Club at board level or its just an extended mouthpiece and that is evident from what we have witnessed.

The protests need to raise in intensity, frequency and get some traction.

None of this current board are fit for purpose.

Sky, as always can do one for, as ever a one sided reporting structure. The rot started in football with Sky, again only my opinion but it lost it roots with its fanbase long ago and while they dictate narrative and Big 6 mentality no-one will ever challenge the status quo.

A great effort to all involved today, fair play for the turnout. Its a starting point.

I’m not defending the FAB as I never thought it would be much use in the first place given the structure of it. But what did people expect? They rely on access to the club. They can’t exactly be turning up to protests before they’ve even really started work or start calling out the board on Sky.

The most he could have done is turn down the interview I guess but of course they are going to cosy up to the board. Maybe in time it will be useful but at this stage it certainly isn’t.

The FAB are hand picked easily controlled boardroom mouthpieces placed between the board and the supporters to make it look like the board care and are listening when the truth is they aren't and couldn't actually give a toss. It is an absolute certainty that Prentice or the like pre organised that interview well prior to the protest. He may as well have brought his glittery poms poms with him, it was that obvious.

delighted to be amongst the campaign today, all great blues. Very peaceful protest, no animosity whatsoever just blues wanting a damn site better run football club, shocked not one of the fan channels covered it, like doesn't this board running the club into the ground matter to them

delighted to be amongst the campaign today, all great blues. Very peaceful protest, no animosity whatsoever just blues wanting a damn site better run football club, shocked not one of the fan channels covered it, like doesn't this board running the club into the ground matter to them
Ped from ToffeeTV has tweeted that he would have been there but, was still travelling back from the US.
As for VftB, they haven’t even acknowledged there was a protest or even the 27 Campaign… one wonders why ?

I’m not defending the FAB as I never thought it would be much use in the first place given the structure of it. But what did people expect? They rely on access to the club. They can’t exactly be turning up to protests before they’ve even really started work or start calling out the board on Sky.

The most he could have done is turn down the interview I guess but of course they are going to cosy up to the board. Maybe in time it will be useful but at this stage it certainly isn’t.
Just to make it clear the interview with the FAB member at the Liver Buildings had nothing to do with the protest outside Goodison Park today or the member who was interviewed there.

Just to make it clear the interview with the FAB member at the Liver Buildings had nothing to do with the protest outside Goodison Park today or the member who was interviewed there.
Which begs the question, why would Sky give almost five minutes to something that could have ‘filled a slot’ on any other day… yet chose to limit protest interviews to less than 58 seconds ?

At the request of the club ???

Been following this today, and my conclusion is we/they dont really know what to protest about.

As in, there isnt a single issue that unites the fans, other than we have been managed, (as in board) poorly. Geordies could point to Ashley not investing, United to the Glazers and debt/dividends, similar to Arsenal. The Chairman splits opinion, and both sides of that have ok opinions.

So is it, "He has done a poor job, listened to the wrong people, perhaps got carried away early days, (Hello Jim), hired some poor managers, and its cost him a packet" ? Or sommet I have missed?

Its very confusing, and very very worrying.
I mean, exactly like @ToffeeTim said, it's not just ONE issue, is it? Commercial revenue is abhorrent, transfer policy is abhorrent, moving players on is abhorrent, interference from the owner is abhorrent, the fact we sold a player for 60m and can't seemingly spend any of it is abhorrent, second highest paid board and their performance is abhorrent, etc. How can you unite under one issue if there are about 20?

Inappropriate Behaviour
All that interview has done has reinforced my belief that the fan advisory board is a waste of time. How anyone can be content with the current board literally blows my mind.

has he been paid by BK to tell more lies on camera?

he’s content well mate they’re is a lot more that aren’t you gimp!

Which begs the question, why would Sky give almost five minutes to something that could have ‘filled a slot’ on any other day… yet chose to limit protest interviews to less than 58 seconds ?

At the request of the club ???
Almost certainly come from the club. They knew this protest was happening so they got their own story out. Better for Sky to keep the club sweet than protesting fans

Status
Not open for further replies.