Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you imagine being told 'you're on the right today'

then the LW bombs down the outside and goes to pop a cross in... honestly of the option of wafting my right foot in the general direction or trying to block with the outside of my left... I'd go for the latter. Also overlapping the rw and he knocks it to you in space and you're approaching the ball. I'd abolutely not attempt to cross it with my right.

Right footers do not understand how horiffically one-footed we are as a species lol

Left footers always seem to be able to strike a ball clean tho. Usually with power

I'm not able to stop worrying as long as the midfield goes untouched, we simply cannot enter the new season without better players in the middle and it's concerning nothing seems to be getting done about it. Not going to be a fun season at this rate with our championship midfield.
Looks like Davies starts if we go into the season with no midfield additions :(

Backup left back who likely won’t play much and is on small wages. Nkounkou is clearly crap so we need another- surely Vinagre is better? (Can’t remember seeing him for Wolves). If he does turn out okay then he’s still only 23 and the fee won’t be fairly low.

That’s if this isn’t just completely made up, anyway.

As long as deals are progressing for midfielders/attackers then it’s fine. We do need others in asap though.
When I saw him, Nkonkou looked quite handy going forward. In the absence of other options, could he be pushed up the pitch a bit as a wide player whilst we have Myko as left back and this other guy as cover.

Starts to give us options and allows us to use the squad more imaginatively

Last season we were joint bottom (with Burnley) for average possession - 39.7%. We’ve got to get a couple of midfielders who can actually pass and keep hold of the ball
This is a key issue.

I admired the way Lampard had us playing in the final 10 games, but it isn’t sustainable long term.

The „we’re going to run a little bit faster than you, we’re going to try a little bit harder than you, we’re going to want it a little bit more than you“ isn’t a viable option over a 38 game season.

A lot of sides will use their heads, pass it around us, wait for us to get tired and exploit the opportunities we give them. That will destroy us and we’ll lose any hope of avoiding another relegation battle.

We need a few players who can get the ball down, retain possession and play some football.

That doesn’t necessarily mean passing out from the back all the time or playing total football. But we need some players with a brain.

Who those players are I don’t know. Proven quality also costs a lot of money, which is a problem (especially with our transfer budget).

I guess this is where thelwell and the scouts come in. Fingers crossed they know of some players that we can actually afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.