Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seen an awful amount of him and those numbers last season were naff lol BUT at 22 he's well off his full maturity as a player he should get better and now has a couple of top flight seasons under his belt. Could work out this one long term but need to see who we get for the middle.

The fact a CM isn't a top priority is doing my nut in, it's by far and away our weakest area. I just hope we are working on one behind the scenes, I can't get up for the new season otherwise it is anxiety inducing.

I guess because we need to sign technical players to be able to play that way, but yeah let us give up signing players who can play a more effective attacking style of football because we haven't played an effective style of attacking football for a while.
That's not what I'm saying.

You can sign players who have already shown some ability to do these things instead of hoping that someone who hasn't will in a different system. Especially when at times the system seems to be not entirely different.

McNeil doesn't have speed. He's not a ball carrier. These things don't matter if you're able to play the ball forward and try to create around the box. We don't have the midfield for that right now.

For a team that apparently has a limited budget to add talent, getting a guy with 0 goals and 1 assist a year ago in full-time play seems like a bad way to spend that money. He is young, but rather give the opportunity to one of the young guys already on the team.

We tried playing nice football last year with Lampard and couldn't. We had to change formations and ways of playing multiple times. This signing covers Lampard but also post-Lampard.
It's not about playing nice football it's about playing in a way that isn't camp deep and hope you nick it. I'm all for sitting back and trying to break or similar tactics but then you don't sign Dwight McNeil.

Not seen an awful amount of him and those numbers last season were naff lol BUT at 22 he's well off his full maturity as a player he should get better and now has a couple of top flight seasons under his belt. Could work out this one long term but need to see who we get for the middle.

The fact a CM isn't a top priority is doing my nut in, it's by far and away our weakest area. I just hope we are working on one behind the scenes, I can't get up for the new season otherwise it is anxiety inducing.
Players don't usually go from absolute garbage to even above average much less top class.

Players don't usually go from absolute garbage to even above average much less top class.
He's played 147 premier league games, garbage may be just overstating it a tad don't you think. In a more expansive team he may do well.

I haven't watched as much Burnley as everyone else appears to have so it is just a thought not a express opinion.

It's not about playing nice football it's about playing in a way that isn't camp deep and hope you nick it. I'm all for sitting back and trying to break or similar tactics but then you don't sign Dwight McNeil.

He will be a mile behind the play to offer any attacking threat on a turnover mate, he has no pace.

You just seem to not like him so it doesn't matter what anyone says about him.

Bet if you'd of put any decent striker who can finish up top for Burnley last season his numbers would look better then they currently do.

DCL > Weghorst. Question is, will DCL be fit enough to put away the chances.

I think he'd be worth the risk, not sure on the price tag though, is it £20m?

Status
Not open for further replies.