Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
McNeil has a good left foot that will create chances and works hard defensively. The downsides are he really is very slow and only scores against us. Where are the goals coming from? We need to tackle that urgently.

As for Gana, on loan as rotational depth he upgrades our cover but he is not the player he was and is not an every game starter. As for his beliefs, they are not mine but I expect some of our South American players are devout Conservative Catholics and the dressing room seems happy enough despite that.

People are forgetting he’s still only 22!

And the stats thst keep getting thrown up with 1 assist last season, should also know he created 47 chances, which is more than any other Everton player and placing him among the top 25 chance creators in the league.

Probably says more about Burnley’s strikers not converting his chances!
No, he creates low quality chances and the top 25 part is based on his time played more than ability.

Also I've got 20 of the 47 from set plays. Are you Gylfi in disguise?

Well no because at least Sigurdsson hung around the box and scored a few himself.

His goal and assist production for a wide player is garbage. That's not an overstatement at this point.
I said his numbers were naff in my original post ffs, I however know better than writing off 22 year olds, I know from experience not to make definitive statements until they're at about 24 and have reached full football maturity.

NO idea if this is a good signing or not but it's a signing I suppose, now where is that centre midfielder at...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back