Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he creates low quality chances and the top 25 part is based on his time played more than ability.

Also I've got 20 of the 47 from set plays. Are you Gylfi in disguise?

Well no because at least Sigurdsson hung around the box and scored a few himself.

I'd be interested in seeing what his underlying numbers were like after Dyche got the boot, because I expect his role in the post-Dyche Burnley side is much more relevant than the one under Dyche where he was asked to play on the left of a rudimentary 442 and swing crosses in at every given opportunity

Effectively, as I said often about Tarkowski, you need to dig a bit deeper with the player than fixate on the numbers that Dyche's pre-historic approach meant his players were producing

Far superior mate.
Based on what, exactly?

If you're just looking at stats, points per game then you're wrong, and it's not even close.

Does Lampard have a lot to learn? Yeah, of course. But Moyes is 59 and is simply not a 'winning manager.' He doesn't have it in him.

So when you say 'Far Superior,' what do you mean? If it's just an opinion, that's fine.... But say so.

Screenshot_20220727_180347_com.android.chrome_edit_290961818293101.webp
Screenshot_20220727_180507_com.android.chrome_edit_290939527758729.webp

No, he creates low quality chances and the top 25 part is based on his time played more than ability.

Also I've got 20 of the 47 from set plays. Are you Gylfi in disguise?

Well no because at least Sigurdsson hung around the box and scored a few himself.

Have you seen all those 47 chances to know they were all ‘low level’?!

I certainly haven’t!

He’s not my first choice but again he’s only 22! Lots of room for improvement!

And you do have to remember he okayed in an even worse team then us!

I'd be interested in seeing what his underlying numbers were like after Dyche got the boot, because I expect his role in the post-Dyche Burnley side is much more relevant than the one under Dyche where he was asked to play on the left of a rudimentary 442 and swing crosses in at every given opportunity

Effectively, as I said often about Tarkowski, you need to dig a bit deeper with the player than fixate on the numbers that Dyche's pre-historic approach meant his players were producing
It's an interesting idea. I looked at it briefly and it doesn't look massively different aside from he got quite a few more shots off because Jackson moved him to the right. Maybe there is something in those games that we buy into. I'd be well more intrigued if we came out and said he's here to play on the right.

Based on what, exactly?

If you're just looking at stats, points per game then you're wrong, and it's not even close.

Does Lampard have a lot to learn? Yeah, of course. But Moyes is 59 and is simply not a 'winning manager.' He doesn't have it in him.

So when you say 'Far Superior,' what do you mean? If it's just an opinion, that's fine.... But say so.

View attachment 175054View attachment 175055
Congrats on Frank for his impressive work in the championship and with the a top 5 squad of players in the whole world.

I'm not having this fight because to even want to engage in this fight is nuts.

It's an interesting idea. I looked at it briefly and it doesn't look massively different aside from he got quite a few more shots off because Jackson moved him to the right. Maybe there is something in those games that we buy into. I'd be well more intrigued if we came out and said he's here to play on the right.

Don't know if that's likely, but if we assume that Gordon and Gray are most comfortable from the left, signing a left-footed player to play from the right would make most sense. Unfortunately the sample size of this with McNeil isn't huge, but there have been flashes during games where he's popped up in those areas that I've thought he looks suited to it. If we're cute enough to have the data on that, it's potentially quite smart IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back