Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're playing 3 CBs that shouldn't really be an issue though should it?
Plus Dom will make a huge difference if he stays healthy. One of the more underrated reasons for our decline in defending last season. Seems that Lampard wants Tarkowski and one of Mina/Keane in the regular XI. Plus it’s not like Doucoure does much on that front, just because a midfielder’s tallish doesn’t mean they’ll be good in the air.

How many of those are highly rated left footers experienced in a back 3?

= Zero.
It doesn't matter if they're all still on the wage bill Zat. We can't moan about being restricted because of wages and ffp etc and then just continually add more and more players to the squad. I would love us to have signed another younger centre half this year and have said as much numerous times, but realistically we can't have 6 senior centre halves on the books, especially when there are other areas where we need urgent attention.

How many of those are highly rated left footers experienced in a back 3?

= Zero.
It's a nice thing to have but it isn't vital. For example Gary Cahill and Rudiger have both done very well playing for Chelsea on the left of a back 3 despite being right footers.

There's more pressing needs for us to put our money to right now.

I dont think we would have loaned branthwaite out so we could go spend money we don't have on another young CB.
Gana is an ok replacement for Delph but he is not going to be playing 3 games a week in the prem.
We still need some more cover in central midfield. Gomes and Gbamin are not what we need.
What happened to the rumours of Guido Rodriguez?

It doesn't matter if they're all still on the wage bill Zat. We can't moan about being restricted because of wages and ffp etc and then just continually add more and more players to the squad. I would love us to have signed another younger centre half this year and have said as much numerous times, but realistically we can't have 6 senior centre halves on the books, especially when there are other areas where we need urgent attention.
Id sell Keane pronto. If no takers then Holgate...

Or both :)

It's a nice thing to have but it isn't vital. For example Gary Cahill and Rudiger have both done very well playing for Chelsea on the left of a back 3 despite being right footers.

There's more pressing needs for us to put our money to right now.

He would have been my first summer signing

I dont think we would have loaned branthwaite out so we could go spend money we don't have on another young CB.
Gana is an ok replacement for Delph but he is not going to be playing 3 games a week in the prem.
We still need some more cover in central midfield. Gomes and Gbamin are not what we need.
What happened to the rumours of Guido Rodriguez?
We won't be playing three games a week. We're not in Europe and there won't be any cup replays.

Id sell Keane pronto. If no takers then Holgate...

Or both :)
my-goodness-what-an-idea.gif

We might end up with six new signings for quite a minimum net outlay considering the Richarlison sale. That's very difficult to do and impossible to do it in a way that pleases everybody. That's the hand they were dealt.

It was always going to be pragmatic rather than exciting.
Losing Richy was an inevitable blow but with the addition of Gueye I think we are overall in a better position: lost our best forward but arguably gained our best defender and our best midfielder, plus a promising (but also first team ready) winger and a backup for a position we were light. All with minimal outlay and still with our two domestic loans intact.

A very solid start and if we use whatever remaining budget we have sensibly and the two loans wisely as teams try to get players out late on and it could be a properly good window.

Status
Not open for further replies.