Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
How depressing is it that I cant actually think of a single reason why he would join us over West Ham

edit: thought of one, brain damage

Same reason Lingard chose Forest over them, we're obviously going to pay him more.

Goodison a huge sway as well.

I would have preferred a better technician alongside Gana and used this money on the striker. If this happens we must have a loan deal or free transfer lined up for the striker

They have finished miles ahead of us 2 seasons running and have European football. They are also based in London. They are a club who have shown signs of progression, we are a club who for a period of 7 years or so has only show signs of regression.

They are more attractive than us at this current time, only Evertonians would argue otherwise.
I don’t think there’d be much in it to be honest. I’ve said the same plenty of times in reverse, people get hung up on last years league placing and whatever but that’s probably about 1% of what interests the player. Wages, opportunities, how wanted they feel, who they’d be working with etc are all bigger things than who finished higher last year. The London thing can definitely be a factor but obviously it works both ways too, not everyone likes big city life.

Transfer Show on now and one of the know alls received a message to say it was done 100% but they will not put it as a headline on SSN until they receive confirmation. That’s what they said ?‍♂️
Bit weird really. Surely part of your job as a journalist is to verify information before reporting it...

How depressing is it that I cant actually think of a single reason why he would join us over West Ham

edit: thought of one, brain damage

There are two likely reasons. Most likely we have offered more money but also he has more chance of playing. Moyes has a poor track record of integrating young players.

We are also a much bigger club historically than West Ham. Would you rather play at Goodison or that soulless bowl in Stratford? We also have a better training ground than West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.