Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree totally but and it's a big but we need a goalscorer, hopefully Chelsea sign a striker and Broja is loaned or we bite the bullet for Dennis at Watford.
Oh you’ll get no disagreement from me, there. Thing is, the players we’ve signed/are signing lend themselves to a system with a focal point striker similar to DCL. Cornet is not that.

We’ll either pull a proverbial rabbit from the hat or it’s a deadline day loan for Benteke.

Either way, energy in midfield is an absolute must. Even if we don’t end up with Onana, I’m comforted slightly by the fact we’re addressing that need.

How depressing is it that I cant actually think of a single reason why he would join us over West Ham

edit: thought of one, brain damage

How depressing is it that I cant actually think of a single reason why he would join us over West Ham
I can think of a few , lampard has massive sway for any young midfielder, our fans as witnessed in the final months are unbelievable to play infront of, Everton are traditionally a massive club compared to West Ham, atm he walks into our midfield , not so much West Ham’s

Apparently the stumbling block to them matching his wage demands are that he's not going to be a starter.
That's concerning. Not sure we can afford to spend 30m on someone who isn't going to immediately impact the first team. Moyes has an eye for a player normally but if he sees this boy as a bench warmer then that is probably what he is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.