• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no. It’s wrong whichever way you look at it. Just because whichever sky-dwelling fairy you choose to believe in said some ambiguous stuff in a book from millennia ago, that could possibly be construed as anti-homosexual, it doesn’t automatically make it wrong for people to love those they love. On such matters there can’t be any “seeing both sides” or “agree to disagree”.
Just to play devils advocate - if you look at it from the perspective that the Koran is directly from God themselves who as it turns out is a real thing and dictated to Mohammed the do's and do nots of living then... it's not wrong.

(agree on your view though - religion is not for me either)

Last edited:
Just to play devils advocate - if you look at it from the perspective that the Koran is directly from God themselves who as it turns out is a real thing and dictated to Mohammed the do's and do nots of living then... it's not wrong.

(agree on your view though - religion is not for me either)
I honestly understand the point, mate. I also don’t want to offend anyone who is deeply religious.

Hard for me to know for sure, but I’d hope that even the most devout follower of any religion can admit that there’s a few holes in their story. On the other hand, not a single LGBTQ+ person can say they had a choice to make or that the very notion of their existence is something to be dictated by politicians or followers of any religion.

It’s frustrating because I think the majority are very well aware of the reality of the situation, but will just use “arguments” like this one as a convenient cover for their own bigotry.

Known polygamy - which (IIRC) is illegal - should be legal and actively encouraged. Doesn't harm others.

Do animals have feelings (and so can be harmed)? should eating meat be considered intolerable? Conversely, If that's different because they're animals and so somehow 'don't count' is bestiality ok? That doesn't harm any other humans? One of these has to be true no?

Necrophilia doesn't hurt the dead person (for obvious reasons). But that's clearly not tolerated.

just seeking clarification on where the boundaries of tolerance are.

Jesus Christ.

Polygamy - fine if everyone involved is happy with it.

Animals are a separate issue I’m not addressing. This is about humans tolerating each other.

Necrophilia (really?) hurts relatives and friends. Not fine.

Does that help you understand a very simple and straightforward opinion?

Christ alive.

You’re conflating entirely different things.

Homosexuality is natural, normal and hurts no one.

Innocent people are killed for being born gay in the wrong society.

Tolerance should be extended to everyone - unconditionally - except for those that harm others or those that are intolerant themselves.

That is why racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia and anything else that seeks to condemn others for facets of their humanity that they can’t control, needs to be fought.

That’s not a matter of cultural difference or belief system. It’s a matter of basic human decency. If Western Christianity, Eastern Islam or any other religion disagree, they are wrong.

It must hurt a bit!

You’re conflating entirely different things.

Homosexuality is natural, normal and hurts no one.

Innocent people are killed for being born gay in the wrong society.

Tolerance should be extended to everyone - unconditionally - except for those that harm others or those that are intolerant themselves.

That is why racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia and anything else that seeks to condemn others for facets of their humanity that they can’t control, needs to be fought.

That’s not a matter of cultural difference or belief system. It’s a matter of basic human decency. If Western Christianity, Eastern Islam or any other religion disagree, they are wrong.
Well..... A girl I once went out with slipped her finger up my hoop one night and I can assure you it kin hurt me !!!

Jesus Christ.

Polygamy - fine if everyone involved is happy with it.

Animals are a separate issue I’m not addressing. This is about humans tolerating each other.

Necrophilia (really?) hurts relatives and friends. Not fine.

Does that help you understand a very simple and straightforward opinion?

Christ alive.

so simple and straight forwards that you've just:

- greenlit an illegal marital status in the UK
- refused to answer a difficult question (that I'm chuffed with the juxtaposition the two scenarios create lol)
- assumed the dead person has any living friends or family in order to say it's wrong... which might not be the case. If they have no friends and family is it ok?

Just picking holes in what is acceptable tolerance

Fictitious book character alive!!

so simple and straight forwards that you've just:

- greenlit an illegal marital status in the UK
- refused to answer a difficult question
- assumed the dead person has any living friends or family in order to say it's wrong... which might not be the case. If they have no friends and family is it ok?

Fictitious book character alive!!
I don’t understand you or whatever point you think you’re making.

- Who cares about UK legality in a morality debate?

- I’m talking about people. If you want to talk about animals, go for it, but I don’t owe it to you to follow you into unrelated waters.

- If you want to defend necrophilia, fill your boots.

I’m slipping your tedium on ignore now.

Have a nice evening.

It must hurt a bit!
You know what they say, one up the bum, no harm done.

9206567F-E89B-4E28-8C23-294C2185C213.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.